Wondering??????????

For your help and questions
Four11Lady

Wondering??????????

Post by Four11Lady »

OK, so I have the opportunity to get a Cricut machine, NO cartridges, at a really great price and I was wondering if I can use this program with it and not have to buy any cartridges. I know I will have to download the trial version of Design studio so I can update the software, but is that all I will have to do? I have wanted to get the Cricut for a loooooooooooooooong time but because of all the cost involved I have held off. Hope I have made myself clear on this issue........any info will be greatly appreciated. Also, I am a dummy as far as computers go so will I be able to easily run this program?
NELS

Re: Wondering??????????

Post by NELS »

You have to have at least one cart for the Cricut to work... unless someone knows another way..
jancy

Post by jancy »

NELS wrote:You have to have at least one cart for the Cricut to work... unless someone knows another way..
I think she's asking if you could use the machine with just the SCA software.

I can't answer that for you as I have not yet purchased SCA-----wish I had the cash, but I don't right now :cry:

I can't imagine that you would need any carts to use SCA, but hope someone that knows will answer soon.
NELS

Post by NELS »

If you have the free trial version of Cricut Design Studio, it is my undestanding the Sure Cuts A LOt works.. but.. I have to have a cartridge (any cartridge)in my Cricut for it to cut anything. I have the full purchased version of both CDS and SCAL.
NELS

Post by NELS »

Also ... just to let you know.. I am a real dummy on computers but with the SCAL program I have been able to cut any font on my computer already. I am still learning how to get other free fonts to work, . I think I am figuring it out. You shouldn"t have to buy any cart except one.
Four11Lady

Post by Four11Lady »

:D Well, ladies.........let me see if I have this correctly........I will need to have 1 cartridge in order for this program to work, right? OK and why IS this? Do you install it into the Cricut so the SCAL program can work.......DUH, I am so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

The cricut has a safty feature built in that it will not operate with out a cart in the cart housing you could probably pick up one of the older ones pretty cheap on e-bay
Four11Lady wrote::D Well, ladies.........let me see if I have this correctly........I will need to have 1 cartridge in order for this program to work, right? OK and why IS this? Do you install it into the Cricut so the SCAL program can work.......DUH, I am so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
kruemel

Post by kruemel »

It´s true - the Cricut won´t load the mat without having a cart in...
Four11Lady

Post by Four11Lady »

You people are just absolutely WONDERFUL answering all my stupid questions, BUT believe me I KNOW that I will have MORE of them as I go along. I am definitely going to go and check EBay for some good priced cartridges.......I want to make cards so what would be a good one for me? I am DEFINITELY going to snatch up this CRICUT deal, buy my 1 cartridge and then get this program. THEN my questions will be on how to download fonts, put them into a font manger so I don't mess up my computer etc.............LOL! God bless ALL you helpful people.........
Elsie

Post by Elsie »

try to get the catridge belong to the cricut you buy, george for the small one and the others by the big one because when you download the free cricut software too there is so much more possible.
You can use both.