With 2.012 Updates: Can we ??

For your help and questions
wvcathy

With 2.012 Updates: Can we ??

Post by wvcathy »

Wondering with this update can we do the following yet ?

I would like to make a frame - then weld words "Our Wedding Day" then have another frame inside of that -- Can this be done within SCAL yet??

In DS you would have to BURP your frame and it would then work.. Have not been able to do this yet in SCAL - maybe I am missing something wouldn't surprise me - I don't know a lot about this program yet

wvcathy
hope9811

Re: With 2.012 Updates: Can we ??

Post by hope9811 »

You can already do this in SCAL. The catch is, you have to have your "frame" already created and then brought it as it's own SVG. Once the frame is in, you can attach your words using the weld or union function and voila....one frame with words in it. Kay has a font on her site that has frames and fun shapes in it already. I'll try to find that for you and attach the link. Anyway, once you open an existing frame, you can then do what you are looking for.

Heidi
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Thanks so much Heidi - I sure appreciate any help I can get

Regards,
wv cathy
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

You can create your own weldable frames directly in SCAL2 also. Make your frame inner and outer, position them where you want them, then use Path/Exclude. I have a post on my blog explaining the different Path operation in SCAL2. :)