Hi - and a few first questions

For your help and questions
kruemel

Hi - and a few first questions

Post by kruemel »

Hello all! As long as I saw a lot of members I know from the Cricut site I wanted you to know that also I got SCA now. Was collecting fonts and dingbats and now I finally want to cut them!LOL Am still waiting for the code to register. How long did it take until you got it? Perhaps it takes longer because I think it´s something after midnight over there now...

I also have a few questions:

- How many fonts do you have installed on your PC? If I am going to install all I have (so far :lol: ) there will be about 1700. Hubby is afraid of me killing the pc with it...

- If I create my own design with inkspace - got one of these painting tablets for christmas and I think it will work with this program also - will I be able to cut also this one with my bug?

Thanks for your help. Off now to learn something about inkscape - only used photoshop before...
GrammyKrausse

Re: Hi - and a few first questions

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Hello:
You might ck your junk mail for your access code. Mine was sent immediatly after regestering. I can slightly remember a box I checked for the access code though. Anyway welcome to the world of fun. I have Vista duel amd processors and have some where around 3500 fonts, so good luck installing fonts. For years I have collected them because I have done computer scrapbooking for approx 5 years so I us them alot. Lately have been having fun cutting with my Cricut. SCAL is a wonderful software and the customer service is just the best, so if you have any trouble they are quick to take care of you. Have fun playing. :P
Grammy
jancy

Post by jancy »

for font storage, do not install them on your computer. instead, store them in a folder by themselves.

you'll need a font organizer (I use the font thing; free--just google it & you'll find it) to view them.

if you use inkscape, you'll need to have the font you want to use opened in your font organizer before opening inkscape ---if you don't, it won't show up .
hbennett

Post by hbennett »

Yes, too many fonts in your font folder seem to slow everything down.

I never found my access code, but I e-mailed a question the same day I purchased and Todd sent the code (although I did not even ask - that's service!). I use SBC/ATT, which runs through yahoo filters first. I assume if I go out on the web and access that way, I'll see where they filtered out my code.
Steph Stimson

Post by Steph Stimson »

Inkscape is just being used mainly for welding fonts together then importing them into SCA for cutting...can't cut on your Bug with Inkscape.
Stephanie Stimson
Creative Memories Consultant
CMID #33596439

redhdgirl417@charter.net
http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/stephaniestimson
jancy

Post by jancy »

Steph Stimson wrote:Inkscape is just being used mainly for welding fonts together then importing them into SCA for cutting...can't cut on your Bug with Inkscape.
you can design almost anything in inkscape & save as an svg to cut in SCA---that's why I'm SO excited about SCA being available!!! you're only as limited as your imagination. You can make so much more than just a title & mat!

I don't have a tablet, but yes, you can use that to create whatever your imagination desires in inkscape & saving as a SVG & open/cut with SCA!!!

Not sure what other programs are out there that use svg format, but there are others. I use inkscape because it's FREE :lol:
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Hummm I have a waycom tablet but I am not great at using it
jancy wrote:
Steph Stimson wrote:Inkscape is just being used mainly for welding fonts together then importing them into SCA for cutting...can't cut on your Bug with Inkscape.
you can design almost anything in inkscape & save as an svg to cut in SCA---that's why I'm SO excited about SCA being available!!! you're only as limited as your imagination. You can make so much more than just a title & mat!

I don't have a tablet, but yes, you can use that to create whatever your imagination desires in inkscape & saving as a SVG & open/cut with SCA!!!

Not sure what other programs are out there that use svg format, but there are others. I use inkscape because it's FREE :lol:
Beanie ~~Been There Done That~~
lisa_anderson77

Post by lisa_anderson77 »

jancy wrote:

When your ready to save in inkscape do you save as a Plain svg, Inkscape svg or many of the other options?

Thanks Lisa
susibi

Post by susibi »

plain .svg will do, normally .svg comes up by default when you hit 'save as' so you shouldn't have to choose.
Other vector graphic progs like Xara will also save in .svg format, as will the KNK software and Illustrator.
Susibi :D
lisa_anderson77

Post by lisa_anderson77 »

susibi wrote:plain .svg will do, normally .svg comes up by default when you hit 'save as' so you shouldn't have to choose.
Other vector graphic progs like Xara will also save in .svg format, as will the KNK software and Illustrator.
Susibi :D

Thank you