Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

For your help and questions
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

Is this message board monitored by anyone who provides technical support? I asked a question 4 days ago and no one has responded. Am I posting my issue in the wrong place? Where do I get technical support?!?!? Frustrated!

This was my original post....
I just purchased a new computer running Windows 7 OS. I had previously purchased SCAL 2.0 for my old Vista OS computer. So, I installed the latest version of SCAL on the new computer and it appeared that everything installed correctly. However, when I select "cut with Cricut" it hangs up at "Checking Mat..." In order to stop the process I have to right click on the SCAL icon and select "close window". Upon doing this the SCAL opens again and gives me the error "an error occurred while trying to cut". Did I do something wrong with the install? I have no idea why it won't work on my new computer...help! I should also mention that I downloaded the USB drivers. I have an Intel Core i3 CPU processor and I verified that I have the correct Cricut firmware.
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

Try right clicking on the scal icon go to properties and put it in xp mode. There are two or three modes I used the two mode, (I think it's package two mode for xp). That worked for me.

Bob
Last edited by bob proulx on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proulxglassdesigns.com
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

My apologies...certainly wasn't meaning to come across rude. I was just wondering if I was posting in the correct location. I'm new and thought that possibly there was somewhere else I should be looking for technical support.
bob proulx

Post by bob proulx »

You are in the best place for your questions. The forum seems to be Quiet the last few days. Try what I mentioned above and If that does not work, I'm sure some one with more knowledge than me will come along.
Bob
proulxglassdesigns.com
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

selecting XP Service Pack 3 got me to the "Checking Cartridge" window...then it's stuck again...I also noticed that I'm running a trial version. I assumed that when I got my new computer that had to redown the application and use my serial number and name for activation...guess there's something else I should have done...
jgalfano

Post by jgalfano »

I had some issues when I would update a while back. After the update, my computer would put my SCAL program back in trial mode.

To get the full version working correctly, I would email the tech support for SCAL with my serial number and name and they would fix whatever was going on.

This won't help with the Windows 7 issue but hopefully they can help you with both issues!!
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

Thanks so much for all the replies. I did find on the website where I could email technical support. I've sent them a message regarding both issues...thanks again!
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

Still struggling to get SCAL to work!
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Did you get an email back from tech support from Craft Edge? They always answer me with in just a few hours.
srbellucci

Post by srbellucci »

They addressed one part of the issue, but still having the one with a "cutting error"...thanks!