Low Quality Cutting...

For your help and questions
kuri0sitat

Low Quality Cutting...

Post by kuri0sitat »

I make my own SVGs using Inkscape, and they look great- the lines are nice and smooth. When I import them into Sure Cuts A Lot, they lose a significant amount of quality... And it gets even worse when I actually cut them! Where circles are shown to connect in the preview, there are jagged lines. Occasionally, but not always, there are random horozontal lines through my designs. Is there a way to make designs look the way you actually drew them? I'm getting kinda upset about this. I paid $60 for something I thought was going to allow me to make whatever shapes and designs I wanted, when really I could have just given a pair of scissors to a first grader for better results.
hbennett

Re: Low Quality Cutting...

Post by hbennett »

The shape may look good, but you need to be concerned about the number of nodes. I think in inkscape it's control+L that reduces the number of nodes.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Upload a file that you are having trouble with. It will be easier to help you diagnose the problem that way.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

kuri0sitat
You might want to make sure your not running the trial mode. This happened to another person last week and when she looked she hadn't activated her code and was running in trial.
If this is what happened the few cut lines you might see are there are actually water mark cuts that will go away after activating the code.

If we could see your file here we would have a better idea on what the jagged lines are all about.

Hope you get it running soon.
Grammy