How do you remember what SVG files you have?

For your help and questions
cropgal

Re: How do you remember what SVG files you have?

Post by cropgal »

My SVG's are all in catagory folders on my computer....animals, children,travel, etc....
There may be sub folders within those folders.

For quick reference I have a printed "catalog" of all the svg's I have. There is a picture of each file with the file name below it. They are all organized in a binder with the same catagories as the folders on my computer. It took me many hours to make my "catalog", but it really helps when I'm looking for a particular cut.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

i don't hve all mine org. either but i have just recently started putting them in folders: Christmas cuts in "Christmas", etc . Some folders have subfolders also for those with more than one part.l also title mine with the creators name in it to give credit. I started that too late though as i have some with no name of creator. my bad. i am able to see the pics tho since i downloaded a prgm. will have to get back to you on that one since it is on my desktop and i am not.
i do have to admit. I AM A SVG FILE JUNKIE!!!
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
maureen59

Post by maureen59 »

If anyone knows a way to view them with windows 7 i would love to know. adobe doesn't work for me either.

Maureen
Maureen
cydnew

Post by cydnew »

I downloaded Renesis svg viewer. I don't know if it works with Windows 7, but check it out & see. It shows all your SVGs as thumbnails so you don't have to open Inkscape or SCAL to view them. Bonus - if you have Design studio, it also shows cut files as thumbnails.

It does take some time to search your computer and create a thumbnail image, so don't panic if you download it and things don't instantly show up. Give it a day or two, depending on how long your computer is on.
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

ok, i am back. a little late i see. i also use Renesis SVG viewer. love it.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Hi
I use Renisis Player Ive associated my svg files with the player and when I want to view a svg I double click on it and the Renisis player box pops up for me to view it Im running win7 on a lappy :P :P :P :P :P oh and BTW the view of my svgs come up in my svg folder as thumbnails witha small r in the corner