What Is Going On Here??/

For your help and questions
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

What Is Going On Here??/

Post by Sweetness4713 »

When I try and add and .scut2 file to a message it says it won't allow it because of a possible attack.. I've heard on more than one occassion of people having this problem.. This just just started for me today :(

TheresaTT

Re: What Is Going On Here??/

Post by TheresaTT »

i have had that too.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro

Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

It's really annoying.. I tried 3 times to post a file and it keeps telling me the same thing.. grrrr... Good thing this is my laptop or I would be throwing it otherwise..LOL..JK

papasue

Post by papasue »

Hmmmm. HeatherM pm'd me yesterday with the same problem and asked me to see if I could post an SCAL2. I did it with no problem.

Before Christmas this started to happen and then the site stopped showing any posts the board index got screwed up.

If you haven't already, email TODD at support with everything you know. and the messages you are getting.

What do you all have in common? Win, etc. I'm on a Mac so if you all are on windows that's one clue.

There has been a Malware attack over on the SCALhints yahoo forum and they got into a finger pointing hassle as they tried to track it back to one particular person, to no avail I think.

I'll keep watching and see how many SCAL2 posts show up and see where they are coming from.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

mitzi

Post by mitzi »

hi
i'm on wins7 and have the same problem

Sweetness4713

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I'm using Vista as always.. Like I said the first time this happened is today.. I don't belong to a Scalhints group on yahoo so I can't see why they would be targeting me..

papasue

Post by papasue »

Jo-An, sorry if I was not clear! I didn't mean to imply that they were targeting you. It's just that they had a similar problem with Malware and targeted one of their users as the spreader of whatever it is.

Someone or something is invading the Forum boards, at least it seems that way to me. It is possible that one person who posts files on both boards has a virus on their computer and it spreads as the files are downloaded. They are probably totally unaware that they are spreading it. Just an educated guess.

Send TODD the email about your problem, as should everyone else who is experiencing it.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

It wouldn't let me post a SCAL2, but I didn't have any problems with svg. Hubby thought it might be a browser issue, but I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and it didn't let me with any of them.

Sweetness4713

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I could post an svg as well.. It`s strange that it`s not lesting us post a file that has to do with their own software..

Thanks papasue for clearing this up..

I think I`m going to email Todd because maybe if enough of us do he`ll listen???

Deloris

Post by Deloris »

I have Vista and same thing happened to me. Can't upload SCUT2 files.