lets try again

For your help and questions
luckylori

lets try again

Post by luckylori »

i just wrote yesterday and at least 45 people have looked but no one wants to reply back so i will try once more
i have scal 1 and have been using it for almost a year now every thing working fine
but my usb port in front is where i have been using my scal all the time is messing up so i went ahead and tried to use the 2 i have on the back side of my
tower
I know they work cuz i use them for my flash drives any way i tried that and now it is telling me cricut machine could not be found please make sure it is connected and turned on
why would it tell me this when it works fine on the front usb port
do i have to uninstall my scal and reenstall it before i use the usb ports on the back HELP

LORI
hellie0h

Re: lets try again

Post by hellie0h »

Have you checked your USB cord? Maybe it is not seated all the way into your cricut.....just a suggestion.
Judy*

Post by Judy* »

You may have to reinstall. I know this happened to me with my printer when I went to use a different usb. My hubby told me I should keep the printer plugged into the same usb and suggested I reinstall with the usb drive I would be using. It worked. Again...just a suggestion.
luckylori

Post by luckylori »

well i just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it saying the same thing
i cannot figure this out
if my usb was working on the front it would work just fine cuz i can hold it tight in the port and it will run on the front one but when i go and plug it in on the back it keeps telling me the machine could not be found make sure it is connected and turned on
this does not make any sense it will work on the front one if that ws working right but will not work on the 2 ports on the back and like i said i know they work cuz my flash drives are working on them grrrrrrrrrrr
i am getting so mad i wqant to use this so bad
any more suggestions
a already changerd ysb cords that is not it either
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Not sure what operating system you are using, but here's a great tutorial about troubleshooting SCAL and USB:

http://www.scrappingtable.com/helpwithu ... mware.html
luckylori

Post by luckylori »

another question
how do i know if i have the usb driver installed or not?
I assume that i have since i have downloaded this last year and have used it right?
snow since i just uninstalled it and installed it again i should not have to do that part again should I
I am not very good with computers so sorry if i am asking so much
i have windows xp
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you have another cord I would try that, since maybe it is your cord rather than the port that is bad. HTH
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Did you click on the section in the scrappintable link that says:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.31 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Here's another link that might help with info on troubleshooting USB problems:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/usb2-driver.html
luckylori

Post by luckylori »

and yes deloris i did read that and it also said this
These instructions assume two things: First, that you are using Windows XP. Second, that your computer has not had a Cricut connected to it before. In other words, your computer has not had a USB driver installed for a Cricut of any model.
thats why i was wondering how i know if i have it installed or not?
since i just uninstalled it and installed it again i would assume i still have it on there wouldn't I?