WOW!!!!

For your help and questions
Craigg64

Re: WOW!!!!

Post by Craigg64 »

gina91785 wrote:There are sooo many great ideas and I was able to download the catalog but I cannot select anything... Any advice?
;) TFS
Use the import function in Inkscape. It will ask you what page you want to import.
Once imported ckilck on the image. Then Click ungroup a few times then select the objects you want to cut.

Delete the part you don't want.

Do a search in the forum to see more details on how to use a pdf to cut in SCAL.
Have a look at Heather's tutorial also
http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... es-to-svg/

Cheers

Craig
Cheers
Craig

Windows Vista, Scal2 2.043, Inkscape 0.46
sserguta

Post by sserguta »

It's really nice that the catalog has a list of fonts in it - you can see what the font looks like and then search for it on the internet.
sserguta

Post by sserguta »

If you highlight the entire page once you've imported it, you can ungroup all the graphics and then drag them to a new location - so you don't have to select each individual letter or piece and copy it.
gina91785

Post by gina91785 »

Craigg64 wrote:
gina91785 wrote:There are sooo many great ideas and I was able to download the catalog but I cannot select anything... Any advice?
;) TFS
Use the import function in Inkscape. It will ask you what page you want to import.
Once imported ckilck on the image. Then Click ungroup a few times then select the objects you want to cut.

Delete the part you don't want.

Do a search in the forum to see more details on how to use a pdf to cut in SCAL.
Have a look at Heather's tutorial also
http://imagesbyheatherm.wordpress.com/2 ... es-to-svg/

Cheers

Craig

WOW IS RIGHT !!!! Thank you so much!!
cloetzu

Post by cloetzu »

Tried it and got it to work! this is GREAT! I can see soooo many uses for this - mostly gifts for friends!!!!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Break apart didn't work because the artwork has Group applied several times. Normally I would say that you could just hold down the control key (or shift + control for more than one piece) and click on the part you want within the Group, but in this case each letter is a separate Path and that would be tedious. Ungroup a few times until everything in that area has a dashed box around it. Then you will be able to select just the parts you want and delete the rest. HTH
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

Yes, this is an awesome source.

But also know that Simply Said does monitor the message boards for sharing of these files and have been proactive in having members remove their files.

I think if it becomes a HUGE problem, then they will remove the pdf in this format from their website.

And we all lose.

SO, in my humble opinion, we all should use this pdf with the regard it deserves, and respect their copyrighted information by not sharing svg's of their files.
atlantis4569

Post by atlantis4569 »

DogCarbon wrote:Yes, this is an awesome source.

But also know that Simply Said does monitor the message boards for sharing of these files and have been proactive in having members remove their files.

I think if it becomes a HUGE problem, then they will remove the pdf in this format from their website.

And we all lose.

SO, in my humble opinion, we all should use this pdf with the regard it deserves, and respect their copyrighted information by not sharing svg's of their files.
I AGREE!!! We don't need to post these in svg formats ANYWHERE online! But they are SOO nice to have for our personal collection. I'm glad I ran across that site and was able to share with everyone! =)
shellB

Post by shellB »

Can someone do a newbie, dumb blonde english version of how I would get these into SVG's please

Many thanks

Shell
(Newbie, dumb blonde :oops: )
atlantis4569

Post by atlantis4569 »

shellB wrote:Can someone do a newbie, dumb blonde english version of how I would get these into SVG's please

Many thanks

Shell
(Newbie, dumb blonde :oops: )
Shell, look at Craigg64's comment in this post.