Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 am 

Hi :)
Hard to explain this lol.
Often I want to move items off of the virtual mat and over in that *blank* space between the mat and the display info columns on the far right of the program.

I can only move items less than an inch OFF of the mat into that area and it *snaps* there...I can't move them way over out of the way. I used to do this all the time and suddenly it started doing this lol.

I have checked/unchecked everything having to do with snapping, ruler, guidelines so far so I obviously do not know what I am doing LOL :)

Help?
Thank you!
4Art

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:05 am 

Easy fix! Go to Edit>Preferences and click on the Edit tab. Then unmark the option "Keep objects on mat when dragging." Click on OK. Post back if you have any other issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:05 am 

:D Oh my GOSH! HOW did I miss that one?? Thank you So Much!! I have been searching for this fix for a year LOL
I do own the video tutorial from You and ScrappyDew, but could never figure out the right search term there :).

You have always been so helpful to me!
I am Sherri Landoni and I bought a KNK MAXX Air 15" refurb. through your help a few years ago and you helped me with a ton of stuff! On The phone for HOURS...especially with some PNC issues. I sent you a *thank you* but I am ashamed to say it was NOT anywhere near what I wanted to send for all your help...hopefully I can help more beginning next year :).

So, this drove me to frustration LOL Ahhh, what a pleasure it will be now :D

Thank you again! I am loving the SCAL5 tutorials btw.

Sherri (4Art)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:10 am 

Hi Sherri! So good to hear from you again! I remember the same frustration with not knowing how to get my shapes to move anywhere I wanted them to go in SCAL. So, I was equally thrilled when I discovered that option in the Preferences window.

Also, thanks for purchasing the Scrappy Dew classroom! Feel free to post any other SCAL questions you might have.