Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 am 

I have an 2010 version of SCAL2 and have run it on my old mac with a cricut expression for years. My Mac died so I moved SCAL2 to my new Mac. It wouldn't cut so I turned it off and downloaded and installed the update and driver from craftedge. I'm still getting the error message. Support hasn't been much help. I just keep getting an email to do what I've already done. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it. I don't want to have to buy a new cutter because I have all the accessories for the cricut.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm 

My guess is that scal2 was obsoleted before your mac upgrade. You will need, as I did, to upgrade to a new cutter and the appropriate vs of scal. I got an Eclips and am very happy with it.

Not what u wanted to hear I know! Maybe someone else has an idea!

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm 

Thanks for the response. I kept playing around and finally got it working. I've already finished two Christmas projects! Wahoo!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 pm 

Congrats! Would you share how you got it to work for others who have the same issue. Include vs of scal and Mac OS version please?

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:09 am 

Sorry, I'm not sure what got it working but I think this is what I did. After I downloaded and installed the driver and updates off craftedge it didn't work so I turned everything off and unplugged the usb cord. When I turned the computer back on I plugged the usb back in, opened SCAL2 and it cut. All I can think is it has a sequence to see the driver and the program saw it when turned back on.