Rolled Rose

For your help and questions
gmapatty

Rolled Rose

Post by gmapatty »

I have been trying to cut this file, but there is a line that goes through it. My granddaughter wants to make her mom some flowers to keep in her room while she is in the hospital, until she delivers my grandson in 11 days. Can anyone help me fix this? My knowledge is very limited in Inkscape and when I look in Inkscape that line is not there. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
rolledrose.svg
(3.94 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Rolled Rose

Post by Sweetness4713 »

What version of SCAL are you using.. I open that file in SCAL 2 and there is no line in it as well... Do you have the trial version of SCAL?? that's the only way a line would cut through it..
(jecheck)

Post by (jecheck) »

Make sure that the dotted line that shows when you have your object selected is completely within the dotted lines on the virtual mat - that is the only way I was able to get the preview to show up correctly
5.JPG
5.JPG (109.1 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
http://www.cougarrx.com

All my files are for non-profit use only... use them, share them, give them as gifts, but don't sell them
gmapatty

Post by gmapatty »

Sweetness, I am runninbg SCAL1.
gmapatty

Post by gmapatty »

jecheck- mthe last one on your showings is what I get when I try to cut. It shows up on all of the ones I try to cut. I do keep them within the dotted lines. Any suggestions?
(jecheck)

Post by (jecheck) »

I think what maybe happening since you have SCAL1 is that the software is closing the open nodes with that final line - never having used SCAL1 myself, I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that SCAL1 is incapable of cutting open nodes

Try this SVG though ... it will appear like it is cutting the lines twice, but it is a closed path... although it may not cut at all.
Attachments
rolled rose1.svg
(6.29 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
http://www.cougarrx.com

All my files are for non-profit use only... use them, share them, give them as gifts, but don't sell them
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

You are right about SCAL1 not cutting open nodes.
barbnichols

Post by barbnichols »

I'm having the same problem and I have scal 2. Any solutions yet? I tried the file that was offered and it didn't work. It loaded on the screen but "completed" the cut with nothing happening! I'd love some resolution to this. I've tried so many things. My original file is from The Cutting Files and the author of the file, Mari, hasn't been able to figure it out either. She uses Make the Cut but had someone test it in SCAL and it did the same thing as my problem. She believes it to be a software problem. HELP!