I can't see the .scut files I download

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
wynnepam

Re: I can't see the .scut files I download

Post by wynnepam »

yes
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

wynnepam wrote:yes
Here you go. I traced the file in Inkscape and saved as svg file.
Attachments
Soldier.svg
(14.39 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
wynnepam

Post by wynnepam »

Wow. Works great. I dont know why I couldnt get it to work but I really appreciate it. Are you able to convert gsd files. I tried downloading the robomaster software but couldnt figure out how to do it. I have one file that I would like to have but cant figure it out. Thank you so much.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

What I did to get it into a "svg" format was to use my Windows snipping tool to get a picture of the image from the SCAL screen after I opened the Scut file. I saved the snipped image as a jpg file, then I opened Inkscape and traced the file and saved as a svg file.

Here's a tutorial to convert gsd files to svg files:

http://www.scrappydew.com/tutorials/fil ... to_svg.php

I haven't tried it since I dont use gsd files but I know that some of other members have been able to do it this way.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Deloris wrote:What I did to get it into a "svg" format was to use my Windows snipping tool to get a picture of the image from the SCAL screen after I opened the Scut file. I saved the snipped image as a jpg file, then I opened Inkscape and traced the file and saved as a svg file.

Here's a tutorial to convert gsd files to svg files:

http://www.scrappydew.com/tutorials/fil ... to_svg.php

I haven't tried it since I dont use gsd files but I know that some of other members have been able to do it this way.
I bought an external harddrive for my graphics and noticed it was filling up and so tried the ole Snipping Tool and instead of saving it, right clicked on the snipped image and pasted it in my open Inkscape working mat and now I don't have an extra jpg to deal with. It works fine in Inkscape but don't know about SCAL 2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Grammy, unless it's changed with Ink47, every time you paste an image into Ink it saves a png image somewhere on your computer, you just have less control over where they go. I forget what the program logic is on where it saves them, but if you do a search for png files with pastedpic in the name you will find them.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

I have 46, do you know where they are saved. I thought if you deleted your temp files it would take care of the attached png, etc. I need help in finding so I can delete them. Can you help me out here?
Grammy
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

HeatherM wrote:Grammy, unless it's changed with Ink47, every time you paste an image into Ink it saves a png image somewhere on your computer, you just have less control over where they go. I forget what the program logic is on where it saves them, but if you do a search for png files with pastedpic in the name you will find them.
Guess I'm not as young as I thought I was. Slipping. Learn something new everyday. sure did download as a ping, cannot find where though just says ping and psp 9 file but doesn't say where. Any help would be great.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

You use Win7? Go to the Start menu and type pastedpic in the search box at the bottom of the window. A list of documents will show up. Click on where it says Documents to bring up a browser window where you can delete the ones you don't want (obviously I need to clean mine up).
win7 search.jpg
win7 search.jpg (161.12 KiB) Viewed 2909 times