SCUT files compared to SVG

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
Polocksgal

SCUT files compared to SVG

Post by Polocksgal »

I have downloaded some of the SCUT files form this website, and i can't seem to view them in my program little lone use them, any one have any suggestions? All my program seems to want to recognize is the SVG files that i have gotten from this website.

Vicki
Proud Military Mom
Tingha Treasures

Re: SCUT files compared to SVG

Post by Tingha Treasures »

You open scut files in SCAL dont think theres any viewer for the files as yet. svgs can be viewed in Firefox browser or by installing a SVG viewer.

Which ones have you downloaded? :D
Polocksgal

Post by Polocksgal »

I am not sure what a firefox browser is, and the only thing i have is SCAL, what would i need to add to it, or add to my system to make things viewable, i do not have an SVG viewer on my computer. never heard of it before.

Thanks
Vicki
Proud Military Mom
Tingha Treasures

Post by Tingha Treasures »

Firefox is the best web browser in my opinion some people use it as they dont like Internet Expolrer
d/l from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Adobe make a svg viewer http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/

These are for windows computers (not sure if theres MAC version)
Kath Smith

Post by Kath Smith »

Hi, I think the reason you are unable to see the scut files as these are opened onto your mat, rather than imported.
Try this.
Hope this helps
Kath
texasteacher

Post by texasteacher »

The .scut files are "projects" and need to be loaded through the "file" menu. The .svg files can be imported and are not projects, but can be put together to make projects. Clear as mud?? Still very new to this, but I discovered that the hard way. Hope it helps.
jgalfano

Post by jgalfano »

I have found that I can't double-click a SCUT file and have SCAL open it. The program opens but the file doesn't appear. However, if you use the "Open" feature within SCAL, it should open. Also, make sure you are only opening files for your version of SCAL!

Hope this helps!!
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

What is the real difference between a SCUT2 and a .svg file - other than how you open ? Can you still ungroup / Resize, etc. the design in SCAL program if it is a SCUT2
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

You can break apart and edit scut files, svg files, and fonts in the recent versions of SCAL2. The biggest difference is that svg files can be used in several different cutting programs and edited in any vector editing program (or SCAL2), but scut2 files can only be used and edited in SCAL2. HTH
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

Thanks Heather - I wondered why a lot of sites gave you the option to download a design in .svg or in scut