SCUT 2.08 not starting

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
The Gare

SCUT 2.08 not starting

Post by The Gare »

I have had this version for a few years now, running on WIN7 64, and tried opening it today and I get the splash screen, then it says it ran into an error and never starts. I have a feeling since Microsoft has been pushing out a ton of updates the past few weeks, I think one of them may be causing this issue, but which one I have no idea. IT was working fine a few weeks ago. I only cut vinyl when I need it.

I have an older Circuit which is why I picked this version up, has anyone else had this problem? I tried running it in every compatibility mode available with the same result. I really need to get past this. Please help
The Gare

Re: SCUT 2.08 not starting

Post by The Gare »

Is no one else having this issue? While I don't cut vinyl that often, when I do and I cant it really is a problem. This was working before, about a month ago, with no issues. As I mentioned before, I am pretty confident this is due to the MANY updates Microsoft has been putting out. But which update I have no idea.

Is there an admin that can chime in???

Thanks.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

You should first try to download and install again from
http://www.craftedge.com/updates
The Gare

Post by The Gare »

Not sure why, but that page never comes up for me. I always get page cannot be displayed. I have also un-installed and re-installed it twice with the same result.
The Gare

Post by The Gare »

So what other avenue do I have? Have other people not had this issue yet?

And it is very frustrating to have to wait a day for an admin to approve my post, only to then have to wait another day for someone (hopefully) respond. I posted this almost a week ago and am no where any closer to a resolution. Does every post have to be approved or is it because I am a new user? Should be apparent I am not a bot....
The Gare

Post by The Gare »

This is very frustrating. I would love to upgrade to version 4, but if I cant get 2 to open up, it is useless unless I buy another vinyl cutter.

Just about over this....
The Gare

Post by The Gare »

Giving this one more try. Any other suggestions at all besides re-install which I have already done?