New an can't find scal V2

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
PrincessBaby010585

New an can't find scal V2

Post by PrincessBaby010585 »

HELP!!! NEWBIE! I am new to cricut and scal worlds lol I m trying to find SCAL V2 as I heard version 3 doesn't work with cricut. I go to downloads but everything says scal v3. Am I missing something? Thank you for your help in advance!!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: New an can't find scal V2

Post by sstehman »

SCAL2 is no longer available for purchase and is may no longer be made for compatibility with the "C...." machine since Provo machine makers lawsuit issue. Only software that can be used with that machine will be that which is made by Provocraft.

Do not buy any copies on eBay or from private sellers as they are not legal copies and cannot be activated.

Saying that, there are other machines on the market that have become quite popular and are NOT cartridge dependent, can use the SCAL software and are affordable. The eClips2 and the Cameo are two of them, plus there are others.

You can see on CraftEdge;s website the list of machines that are supported by the SCAL software.
Sandy in PA
PrincessBaby010585

Re: New an can't find scal V2

Post by PrincessBaby010585 »

I just purchased the cricut expressions a few months ago an just not getting around to trying it out. While searching YouTube videos I came a crossed SCAL. Now bent told it's not an option sucks! Cricut is very frustrating in that sense. It's a new machine it's not like I can throw it down the drain. Thanks for letting me know.