Help with Lettering Delights SVGs and SCAL2

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
hanniefaye80

Help with Lettering Delights SVGs and SCAL2

Post by hanniefaye80 »

I am definitely behind on the times, LOL! I have SCAL2 and bought some of the layered SVG files from Lettering Delights in 2011 (I think they call them Cut Its now), but I haven't had time to sit down and use them. Today I decided to give it a shot, and I am so frustrated!

Here's my problem: I can't find the layers. When I import the file into SCAL2, there is only one layer, an outline. When I import them to Inkscape, there is still only one layer, albeit the whole image is visible. The only thing remotely helpful I've found is a YouTube video instructing how to create layers from the LD graphics, but these SVGs are already supposed to have the layers. Creating them in Inkscape is seriously too time consuming. Everything else I've found is related either to the LD graphics and fonts or to Make the Cut, which I know nothing about it.

Any help would be appreciated!
hanniefaye80

Re: Help with Lettering Delights SVGs and SCAL2

Post by hanniefaye80 »

I answered my own question (and figured that would probably happen once I took the time to post). I updated my SCAL 2 software, and found the Ungroup feature under the Layers menu. Viola! Perhaps this well help someone in future.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Help with Lettering Delights SVGs and SCAL2

Post by mitsim »

Did you go to Object/Ungroup? And, if that doesn't work, you could try Object/Break Apart.
Also if you go to the Window/Layers palette, You can see the different layers. You can select the layer from there and pull it away from the other pieces (as long as they have been ungrouped/broken apart).
Hope that helps.