welding fonts so you don't lose the bits inside

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
katpaws57

welding fonts so you don't lose the bits inside

Post by katpaws57 »

How to you weld/bridge fonts so that when you cut them out you don't lose the insides? I'm trying to make a stencil but can't figure out how to keep it all together...life as well but that's another story....!
I appreciate any help I can get here - trying to do t-shirts for a friends walk for ovarian cancer. Wearing them as her "team"!!
firstcut

Re: welding fonts so you don't lose the bits inside

Post by firstcut »

I've got a post on lettering for stencils here
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009 ... cil-fonts/

but if you use freezer paper of vinyl for the stencils, you don't need special lettering, you just stick the inside pieces on the shirt.
video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyXlSTtHPA
katpaws57

Post by katpaws57 »

Thanks, I came across a tutorial that showed how to add or interrupt the font so the pieces all stayed together but I didn't note where it was....Wasn't planning on trying anything like this then....The freezer paper looks interesting - only issue is having to place all the pieces in for each shirt....
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

If you are doing a lot of shirts yo may want to look into heat transfer vinyl. It is a little less work and gives very high quality results.
katpaws57

Post by katpaws57 »

Thanks - hadn't thought of that one. I'm running short on time though so I'm not sure if there's time to get it here! At this point it would definitely be easier than trying to figure this out!!