Here is a Pencil box I made for a forum member

Share your Sure Cuts A Lot Projects (.scut, .scut2,.scut3,.scut4)
gwcrow

Here is a Pencil box I made for a forum member

Post by gwcrow »

I am new to SCAL, have used DS for a while. This is my first project and I thought I would share. How do you share files that are over 256 kb.
Attachments
pencil3.jpg
pencil3.jpg (255.61 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
pencil 1.jpg
pencil 1.jpg (244.29 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Here is a Pencil box I made for a forum member

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If you are not the creator of the original design perhaps it's best if you send a copy of your file by email to the person requesting it.. The reason being is because the designer of this idea has it on her blog for sale... and if she sees someone giving this idea away it can create problems...
gwcrow

Post by gwcrow »

Kind of like SCAL copying CRICUT DESIGN STUDIO. They certainly didn't mind copying someone's idea and making money from it. All I did was a favor for a forum member, What I did is just a drop in the bucket compared to SCAL.
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

I usually don't offer my 2 cents, but here goes... SCAL is nothing like design studio. You have to use cartridges to use Design studio and with SCAL you can draw and use your own images and use any font. JoAnne was just offering advice. I don't think she intended to offend you. Your file is awesome! I made one of these by hand for my teachers son, but would have loved to use a cut file. Please don't take offense everyone here is usually a great help and looks out for others as I think JoAnne was doing for you. It is a general courtesy to other designers not to post remakes of their original files they are selling, somewhere else for free. As I said it was simply advice and you can take it or leave it at your disgression.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

gwcrow I certainly didn't mean to offend you.. That was not my intention... and yes I was looking out for you best interest because trust me...having gone through the situation.. they do check... Again I'm sorry if you took this as a form of attack but it was in no way meant as one...
gwcrow

Post by gwcrow »

I really didn't take offense. I appreciate your input, I am well aware of what CDS is, I have used it for two years and SCAL is years ahead but they still copied an idea. I agree that we shouldn't give away for free what others are selling. There are hundred's items that people make at home that someone else is selling; paper bead braclets, cards, how do we know who the original idea came from. Who's Idea was the paper pen box for example, that has been around for years. I like to make something with cricut besides cards the normal stuff.
ilina

Post by ilina »

This is a project I created in May and have tutorial and template up for sale.http://ilinacrouse.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... emble.html
There is fine print about tutorials not being allowed to be shared in ANY FORM, as well there is copyright on my tutorials. As well their use is limited for use by the purchaser only and file sharing is NOT permitted in ANY form.As well that you may not claim intellectual property of the tutorials and templates in any form, modified and unmodified. That you may not use this template for contests and publications. You can verbally teach this class and hard copy of the tutorial may not be distributed.You can verbally instruct my tutorials but you CANNOT forward, rewrite, copy or handout my tutorials.
Please READ the fine print and the end of the tutorial