Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for Windows & Macintosh

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for Windows & Macintosh

Post by sstehman »

btt
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Sandy...just a mention here...the gals asking are wondering about a new machine that has not yet come out by Silhouette, called the Cameo.
dreamer3d

Post by dreamer3d »

I'm sorry, I don't post to a lot of forums, what does BTT mean?
TheresaTT

Post by TheresaTT »

dreamer3d wrote:I'm sorry, I don't post to a lot of forums, what does BTT mean?
BUMP TO TOP = it keeps the post where everyone can get a chance to see it
OR
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
momof5littlewomen

Post by momof5littlewomen »

dreamer3d wrote: Has anyone used Pazzles or the Silhouette SD with SCAL and a Mac? How well does it work with other software like Illustrator or Photoshop? I've seen videos of people successfully getting a good Print and Cut registration by manually lining things up with the Pazzle, but I'd like to hear about people's accounts first hand, as I anticipate I'd be doing quite a bit of that. Any help would be appreciated, my head is spinning from all the hours and days of research I've been doing on these different machines!
Sorry for all your problems. I have a Mac and now a Silhouette SD. I haven't had time to do much lately but I am having problems with SCAL 3 shutting down when I go to cut. I have to try 3 or 4 times and then it will cut beautifully. I don't know about the other software. Hope you are able to get cutting soon!!
June
dreamer3d

Post by dreamer3d »

I just opened my new Pazzles Machine and have been testing it with SCAL on my Mac. The orientation is weird, but fine... I didn't need to do any other additional installations or anything, and it was up and running in less than 5 mins.

I've only been playing with it for about 30 mins so far, but I can't get any shapes to close properly. I haven't tried it yet, but I think a print and cut will be possible with "registration" marks, but that's something I'll test after I figure out how to get the shapes to close better.

So far I got much better cuts out of my previous Cricut (although I never had SCAL with it)

Any suggestions?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

bigworld

Post by bigworld »

I have wondered about the sharing of .scut3 files and hope that if they can not be opened in SCAL2 that the .svg's will be shared. I don't do as intricate of work as some and so I can work with .svg's just fine in SCAL2. I have gotten full value from this program and if nothing more is done to change it or upgrade it, that will be fine with me.

Buy Runescape Gold|Buy Maple Story Mesos|buy wow gold
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You can just change the 3 to a 2 and it will open for you.
CDN_dave

Post by CDN_dave »

Hello,

I would like to purchase Sure Cuts A Lot 3 for my mother's Plantin Schoolbook. Is this device supported?

Thanks,