Version of SCAL compatiable to My Cricut

Dianne

Version of SCAL compatiable to My Cricut

Post by Dianne »

I need to find a software that is compatiable to my new Expression 2 Cricut. I do craft shows and want to start making Monograms Letters in frames to sell. Can someone help me to do this. I looked at the videos on expressionvinyl.com. But I cannot find a font in cricut cart. for the Monogram letters. I look for SCAL software on craftedge.com but it said you could no longer buy a version compatiable with the cricut. HELp PLEASE :(
TheresaTT

Re: Version of SCAL compatiable to My Cricut

Post by TheresaTT »

due to the lawsuit with the makers of the cricut , Scal is no longer available for it. A big bummer for crafters. Most people are selling their cricuts for other machines that can be used with Scal and other software. Check the Cricut website for info on what can be used with it. It has been so long since i visited their site that i don't know much about it any longer. I believe you are limited to their cartridges.
Theresa
Windows 7, Scal 2.044( to use with my E ) , Expression, Inkscape 9, USCutter SC series cutter, Scal 4... Pro
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

If your Cricut is new, maybe you could consider returning it and getting a different cutting machine. Other machines work with third party software (like SCAL) and your creative options are exponentially greater.

I have a Cricut too, but it's older and it still works with SCAL. If I were to purchase a machine now, it would definitely not be a Cricut, and I think most other members of this forum probably feel the same way. Crafters kind of got a kick in the chops from Cricut, and lots of people are refusing to purchase any of their products as a result.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

It's not that SCAL is no longer compatible with the E2, it's that it never was and never will be compatible. The E2 came out after the lawsuit, so no drivers had ever been made to make it work with the software. Consequently, there is no software out there that will work with the Expression 2.
Like the others said, if you want to have the freedom to cut what you want to, you might get another cutting machine that works with SCAL (or ECAL with the Eclips). Sorry!