how do you use fonts

pbajr

how do you use fonts

Post by pbajr »

ok
maybe i am burnt out right now. i don't understand how you use fonts or dingbats in your sure cuts alot. can someone give me a brief explanation please???????????????????????? :roll:
wreed06

Re: how do you use fonts

Post by wreed06 »

I have Windows XP Pro. I just copy font and/or dingbat font files to my C:\Windows\Fonts directory. When I open SCAL, the files appear in the SCAL Library on the Fonts tab. I choose the desired font or dingbat from the library that I want to use and then type or choose the specific dingbat from the SCAL window that displays the contents of the font or dingbat. HTH
pbajr

Post by pbajr »

i unzipped the fonts to my hard drive, under windows and then fonts. but when i open scal i don't see what you are talking about. but opening sure cuts alot, i see them in the fonts there. i just don't understand scal and how to save there. :?
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

pbajr wrote:i unzipped the fonts to my hard drive, under windows and then fonts. but when i open scal i don't see what you are talking about. but opening sure cuts alot, i see them in the fonts there. i just don't understand scal and how to save there. :?
You don't save them into SCAL, they show up in the library when they are in your windows directory. When in scal go to your tool bar, window, then choose fonts and the list will be there, you need to make sure the shapes table is also open so you can see what each one has to offer. Hope this helps, I'm not the best with instructions :? but this is what I know for now :D
pbajr

Post by pbajr »

so scal is necessary to be able to see the fonts we save in fonts under windows when we open in sure cuts alot under fonts?
pam :cry:
lovebeingamom

Post by lovebeingamom »

pbajr wrote:so scal is necessary to be able to see the fonts we save in fonts under windows when we open in sure cuts alot under fonts?
pam :cry:
I guess I don't understand your question. scal is a shortcut name for Sure Cuts A Lot...
papasue

Post by papasue »

If you want to know how to convert a dingbat font so you can use it in SCAL (surecutsalot) here is the best resource: http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/2008 ... tting.html.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pbajr

Post by pbajr »

i meant scal lib it up :cry:
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

That is software that lets you create a shape library from svg files to cut in SCAL. It comes in handy when you have more than one svg file for a design. Using lib it up, you make a shape library and put all your files (up to 10 I believe) in one library
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Reney

Post by Reney »

can anyone please explain to me how to use these fonts in Mac OSX without any windows components on my system.Thanks Reney