Font Manager Help!!

southerncake

Font Manager Help!!

Post by southerncake »

Per the other suggestions here, I downloaded a font manager (NexusFont since I have Windows 7 and that seemed the easiest). But now what? I think I have the fonts in the program, but how do I use them in SCAL2 or 3? This is all completely new to me.
gj1

Re: Font Manager Help!!

Post by gj1 »

You click on the T to the left in the Tools and then the one circled on the right shows and click there where I circled and then locate you font manager and the font you want to use and it will let you know that you will find it in the drop down of the fonts in Scal, make sure it is set there to show ALL fonts. Your fonts then in the font manager will appear as you request them and disappear when you close SCAL.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I didn't know this. Thank you for this info. I really do learn something new every day! :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

SCAL2 and 3 have the built in font manager, but I do like to use NexusFont to help me select the font that I want for a project since I can see how my words will look for all of my fonts. Also, if you have NexusFont open, any fonts that are in the selected folder will be available to all of your programs. Then you can just select the font from the dro-down list in SCAL. If you change the active folder in NexusFont you can refresh your font list in SCAL by using the Circular arrow in the Text properties window. HTH
southerncake

Post by southerncake »

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The answer was so easy and simple, but I just couldn't seem to grasp the concept in the beginning!!

I was able to transfer all of the fonts from the old laptop and I have everything now!

Thanks SO much!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thanks HeatherM for helping here...when it comes to fonts, and many other things as well, your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Glad to see you here.