Will This Work?

JDahlie

Will This Work?

Post by JDahlie »

I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all the fonts I've downloaded. Plus, they are all on my desktop computer, and once I get my scrapbooking room set up, I'll want to have them on a laptop computer.

So I want to know if I can put my fonts on a flash drive and have them accessible on both computers as needed. Do I download the font manager program onto both computers? Or can it just be on the flash drive along with the fonts? I'm thinking about downloading the Font Thing as it seems to be well recommended on this board.

Thanks!
lovebeingamom

Re: Will This Work?

Post by lovebeingamom »

Interesting thought...I think the flash drive should work,it makes sense to me anyway.
I use the font thing and really like it. Browsing is so easy.
Let us all know if it works for you.
lowcarbgirl

Post by lowcarbgirl »

I have stored all of my downloaded fonts onto a flash drive and I keep them there so when my computer crashes (and yes this does happen to me freqently) I don't have to go find and download all of my fonts a second/third/forth time! I have also shared those fonts with friends from my flash.... so yes it does work!
Gardenwife

Post by Gardenwife »

You sure can, and further, you can use a font manager like the free The Font Thing manager on both PC's to make the fonts' installation and removal quick and easy on the fly, right from the flash drive. :)
JDahlie wrote:I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all the fonts I've downloaded. Plus, they are all on my desktop computer, and once I get my scrapbooking room set up, I'll want to have them on a laptop computer.

So I want to know if I can put my fonts on a flash drive and have them accessible on both computers as needed. Do I download the font manager program onto both computers? Or can it just be on the flash drive along with the fonts? I'm thinking about downloading the Font Thing as it seems to be well recommended on this board.

Thanks!
That's not cat hair; those are embellishments.
Gardenwife's Plot
Jiminy Cricut - Considering selling this domain name. Not sure what I want to do with it!