Galindanne

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by Galindanne »

sounds great, how much Australian?
Galindanne
scrappincrazy1

Post by scrappincrazy1 »

Hi. I'm a Newbie to SCAL. Just purchased the old version 3 days before the new version was released. Am I the only one having a problem getting the "free" upgrade? I was told the upgrade would be free but it isn't coming out that way when I go through the checkout steps. I got my serial number and my coupon code and used those so I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?
KimKreates

Post by KimKreates »

Thanks so much for the tutorials on the upgrade. It looks awesome. I cant' wait to get it. It says in the announcement on page 1, that if you purchased SCAL on or after June 22, 2009 that the upgrade is free, so that should cover anyone who purchased within the last 30 days. I am happy that the upgrade is only $30. I think that I read on another forum that when PC upgraded their design software, they didn't offer an upgrade. You had to purchase the whole thing new at full price. I am glad that we don't have to do that with SCAL. I can't wait for my hubby to download the upgrade this weekend. I hope it will still be $30.
mommyto3bugs

Post by mommyto3bugs »

KimKreates wrote:Thanks so much for the tutorials on the upgrade. It looks awesome. I cant' wait to get it. It says in the announcement on page 1, that if you purchased SCAL on or after June 22, 2009 that the upgrade is free, so that should cover anyone who purchased within the last 30 days. I am happy that the upgrade is only $30. I think that I read on another forum that when PC upgraded their design software, they didn't offer an upgrade. You had to purchase the whole thing new at full price. I am glad that we don't have to do that with SCAL. I can't wait for my hubby to download the upgrade this weekend. I hope it will still be $30.
Provo Craft has never offered a paid upgrade to Design Studio. They have only offered updates. There is a new contraption coming out called the Gypsy that you will have to pay for, but it's a whole machine not just a software. There are rumors that there is a Design Studio Pro coming out, too and for that upgrade you will have to pay but I don't know how much.

So I don't know what the other forum was talking about but I've never seen a paid upgrade offered and I've been using CDS since it was very first released.

????
Sarah St. - The Netherlands
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by mommyto3bugs »

scrappincrazy1 wrote:Hi. I'm a Newbie to SCAL. Just purchased the old version 3 days before the new version was released. Am I the only one having a problem getting the "free" upgrade? I was told the upgrade would be free but it isn't coming out that way when I go through the checkout steps. I got my serial number and my coupon code and used those so I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any ideas?

You have to contact them directly at support@craftedge.com to find out about a free upgrade. There is no direct link or coupon code otherwise. You have to be able to show that you bought it in the last 30 days and provide the serial number and then they will issue you a special code (good for only you) that will give it to you for free.
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by mommyto3bugs »

mtscrap wrote: well, usually a firm like Microsoft or Adobe gives you some advance notice when they are working on a new product or version, so that you can make a decision whether to buy or wait how ever many months until it's released. Was there any notice here? I would've waited the few mths for the new version myself had I known that it was in the works. KWIM?
I understand that point. I think it was always understood that Todd was working on a new version. When that would be released, no one was sure. My guess is he didn't want to say he was working on the new version and give some deadline as to release and then not be able to meet that deadline. Like Micro$oft does on a regular basis. Then people would be complaining that had they known it wasn't going to be ready in 3 months they would have just purchased the old version so they could have used it in the meantime. Pretty much it's no win for him- if he tells you when it'll be ready people will complain and if he doesn't tell anyone people complain.

Think of it this way- you now have 2 versions of the program. What good is that, you say? Well, if there are problems with the new version you can always go back to the old version and still be able to use it. Designers can now use both programs when designing- seeing as those with version 1 can't open version 2 .scut files, that is a handy thing for a designer, so they can test designs and make sure they work in both versions. So my thinking is I now have 2 versions of the program for only $30 extra. New buyers are only getting ver2.
SCAL 1 and 2 user

Post by quitfamily »

I cannot get Dan's video to open. If I go to Photobucket, what do I search for???? Thank you.
Sandee Quitter
:cry:
dan99 wrote:WELL WORTH the upgrade, and huge congrats to Todd on implementing features that add so much to the usefulness of SCAL!!

For those who are interested, I've put a "first look" video of some of the new features on my blog here:

http://dan99.blogspot.com/2009/07/video ... first.html
pated43

Post by pated43 »

Yeah, took a look at Dan's site the improvements to the Windows version are just wonderful!! I am a MAC user though, so I can't wait for the upgrade. I just bought my version this year, I am not happy with spending more on it, but with all the improvements I might be willing pay the extra for it.

One thing I'd love CraftEdge to do is to fix the power cycling problem with the MAC. I hate having to turn my Cricut off in between cuts. Please Craft Edge rush rush :P
smithy

Post by smithy »

Hi im one of the fortunet ones I bought mine SCAL after the 22nd June so I recieved an email to respond to for my free upgrade , whowever how long do you have to wait for upgrade as I cant wait to play with it ?????????? :}
MarthaT

Post by MarthaT »

just bought this, very cool :D