Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
blueknittingnut

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by blueknittingnut »

SCAL 2 is a stand alone program. you do not need version 1
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

I'm confused...you can't purchase just the "upgrade" (the $35 version) without having an existing serial # for an existing version of SCAL. So, what exactly did you purchase? Unless you purchased a $75 variety, you don't have the full version. You'll have to purchase the $75 version to obtain the full version: http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/purchase.html

You might try contacting Craft Edge directly to see if they will work with you but the forums here can't help with this issue - this isn't a technical issue.

Downloading SCAL is still just a trial until you obtain a serial number from Craft Edge to unlock it - same will hold true for SCAL2.

Good luck!
lmckee wrote:I purchased SCAL but I did not understand that 2.0 was the upgrade. I downloaded it only initially and activated it with my serial number. Then I realized it was the upgrade and downloaded 1.0 but it will only give me the trial version and won't allow me to use my serial number to activate it. So now I only have the upgrade without 1.0. I only have the trial version. Help. I guess I was not very computer savvy. Anyone have any ideas.
lmckee

Post by lmckee »

Thanks. Figured it all out. Appreciate all the help.:)
esivils

Post by esivils »

biz_kid1 wrote:@esivils: Which version SCAL2 are you running? To check: Open SCAL2 > Help > About and see which version is installed. 2.004 is the most current, so if you have anything previous to that, you will get the prompt that a newer version is available! Let me know if you're already running 2.004 and still getting that message.
esivils wrote:So what about the message: A more recent version of Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is available. Please visit http://www.craftedge.com for more information.
I started getting that message about 1 week after I installed SCAL2...

Ok, so I uninstalled 2.003 since it had error codes when I tried to DL the 2.004. Now I get this error code:
C:\Program Files\Craft Edge\Sure Cuts A Lot 2\Sure Cuts A Lot 2.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 32.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

I don't understand... I uninstalled scal 2.003, deleted the directory, cleaned the registry, rebooted the system and SCAL is not running in the background (only IE) and I checked the processes and I am not finding any shared dll's that are causing the error. I suppose if it continues I will just create a VM and redownload scal, but does anyone know if it will work in a windows 7 environment?
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

I wouldn't have uninstalled anything in your case. You had 2.003 while it was prompting you about an upgrade (to 2.004), right? You should have just installed the upgrade.

Which version of Windows are you running?
esivils wrote:
biz_kid1 wrote:@esivils: Which version SCAL2 are you running? To check: Open SCAL2 > Help > About and see which version is installed. 2.004 is the most current, so if you have anything previous to that, you will get the prompt that a newer version is available! Let me know if you're already running 2.004 and still getting that message.
esivils wrote:So what about the message: A more recent version of Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is available. Please visit http://www.craftedge.com for more information.
I started getting that message about 1 week after I installed SCAL2...

Ok, so I uninstalled 2.003 since it had error codes when I tried to DL the 2.004. Now I get this error code:
C:\Program Files\Craft Edge\Sure Cuts A Lot 2\Sure Cuts A Lot 2.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 32.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

I don't understand... I uninstalled scal 2.003, deleted the directory, cleaned the registry, rebooted the system and SCAL is not running in the background (only IE) and I checked the processes and I am not finding any shared dll's that are causing the error. I suppose if it continues I will just create a VM and redownload scal, but does anyone know if it will work in a windows 7 environment?
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Bug, maybe?

Something I just noticed...in SCAL2, "flip horizontal" flips vertically on SVG files - shapes already in SCAL2 library seem unaffected!
Pooky37

Post by Pooky37 »

I have Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 for Windows....I keep getting a pop up sign that says: A newer version of 2.0 is now available, but I already have this.
How do I get rid of this pop up? thank you
Sharen
aka: Pooky37
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

Go to http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html and download and install SCAL2 V2.005 - I'll bet you have version 2.004. It's prompting you for good reason! There is a newer version available!
Pooky37 wrote:I have Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 for Windows....I keep getting a pop up sign that says: A newer version of 2.0 is now available, but I already have this.
How do I get rid of this pop up? thank you
pixiesdelight

Post by pixiesdelight »

Hey can anyone help? I purchased scal 2 for the introductory price of 30 and havent really messed with it but a few times. Now today I try to open it and it says my trial is expired. HELP?
biz_kid1

Post by biz_kid1 »

$30 was the upgrade price to SCAL2 for users who had SCAL. You'll need to purchase the full version. You can download the full version and use it in trial mode for 30 days, but it will cut three lines in all your cuts.

Purchase: http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/purchase.html

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 for Windows
(Macintosh version will be available at a later time)
Cut your True Type fonts on your CricutTM Machine . [Learn More...]

$90.00 (Full Version) Downloadable + CD-ROM
$75.00 (Full Version) Downloadable only

$50.00 (Upgrade) Downloadable + CD-ROM **
$35.00 (Upgrade) Downloadable only**

**In order to purchase the upgrade, you must verify your current version here
Upgrade is for those who currently own version 1 of Sure Cuts A Lot.
pixiesdelight wrote:Hey can anyone help? I purchased scal 2 for the introductory price of 30 and havent really messed with it but a few times. Now today I try to open it and it says my trial is expired. HELP?