Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 For Windows

Post by Sweetness4713 »

So I dug deep deep down in my pocket and yes ended up coming through it and purchased SCAL2.. LOL ... I have to agree we have version 1 and for 30 dollars more version 2... I hope they iron the bugs out soon though.. Which I have faith in Todd that he will. :D
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

I am so sorry tha do not have a job anymore..I am going to buy the scal2 as soon as I can. I was just not feeling well when I complained Sorry... I am going to purchase the new version by the end of the week.
Thank You for listening Again I am sorry..
RoseAnnaDana

Post by RoseAnnaDana »

In all fairness to any one who has purchased SCAL #1 (original) after June 22nd, 2009, I was in fact refunded by CraftEdge today. The new program is awesome, I felt that way before I attempted to get a refund BUT since I had just purchased the original software I thought I would give it a try.

I am looking forward to seeing all the videos so I can learn everthing this new version has to offer. My sincere advise to anyone looking at purchasing this new release is do it you won't regret it.......

THANK YOU CRAFTEDGE & OF COURSE TODD (THE MAN WITH THE PLAN) :D

Hi Dana
Order has been refunded

Sincerely
- The Craft Edge Team
http://www.craftedge.com
chasar

Post by chasar »

I too received a refund since i bought the original in the beginning of July.

When i open up SCAL2 now, why is there a window that pops up saying there is a new version of this?
vintage87

Post by vintage87 »

I'm getting the same message, it says a more recent version of SCAL 2 is available.
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

Yes, seems there is now a patch fro some of the problems they are having. called it 2.01
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

So now is the version they have the one with the fix?? I purchased it a few days ago.. and yes I was having problems as well..
GrammyKrausse

Post by GrammyKrausse »

The original was the 1.016 version (or at least that was the last time I did an Update for that version). The new one is the 2.0 and if you do update/patches the last number will change each time or if they do another patch or update. Or at least that is what all my other software does.

Grammy :)
chasar

Post by chasar »

The software doesn't seem to have changed according to the craft edge site but yet i still get that pop up window whenever i open up SCAL. I actually get it twice.

Hey, does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the speed in SCAL? I went to Edit-preferences and chose a low speed, i also chose a low speed on my cricut but it seemed to cut quite fast. Is this a default speed?
scrappychic17

Post by scrappychic17 »

Ok, I'm new to this whole SCAL thing so bear with me. I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me out. I haven't purchased SCAL yet, but I'm going to shortly...as soon as I make up my mind about a few things. (1) I'm a little concerned about purchasing SCAL through Craft Edge because you don't get a disc or anything. You just download from email. What if computer breaks and you have to get a new one? For this reason I was thinking of purchasing from mycraftbuddy.com. They send you a disc. If I purchase from them, will I still receive help from craftedge if I have a problem with my software? Also, will I be able to download updates as needed? (2) I've been reading that there are several bugs with the Version 2 of SCAL. For this reason, I'm thinking about purchasing version 1 from mycraftbuddy.com. They offer a free upgrade to version 2 when you purchase version 1. What are your thoughts on this. My reasoning is that I've heard that certain svg files do not work correctly on version 2. Even though I don't have SCAL yet, I have purchased several svg files that I was hoping to use with SCAL. I would hate to spend this much money and not be able to use them until they get the bugs worked out with version 2. Please let me know what you guys think about this. I've been going back and forth on where I should order SCAL and which version I should buy. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Larisa