Font question

Things we need you to know
tkfjohndeere

Font question

Post by tkfjohndeere »

I just bought sure cuts a lot over the weekend. Still learning the program. I was wondering is the a way to add fonts to the font library within the program? If not how would I go about using the font I want in the program? Appreciate any help on this. This is first software I have been able to use with my plotter.

Thanks,
Rhonda
jrichards

Re: Font question

Post by jrichards »

The font would be added to the computer and all of the fonts on the computer would show in the program. Just make sure that you restart the program if you have it open when you install a new font. There are a lot of free fonts out there and after you install them you will not have to do anything else.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You can open a font for just a particular project without installing it permanently on your computer:

• If you want to load a new font that’s not already installed on your computer, go to Text>Load Font File. Browse to locate the font file (including .TTF, .OTF, or .OPF) of your choosing and click on Open. This font will now be available until SCAL is closed. The Library also offers this feature. Refer to Section 4.06.2.
• IMPORTANT: When you open a font file for temporary use, the text you create needs to be converted before saving the file. Otherwise, it will not be shown in this same font the next time you open that file. Thus, before saving the file, select all of the text and apply one of the following:
• Go to Text>Convert Text to Outlines
• Go to Path>Object to Path
• Right-click and select Path>Object to Path
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
tkfjohndeere

Post by tkfjohndeere »

Thank you so much!!
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

I am totally agree with jrichards's idea...
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.