any problems with SCAL3 and windows 8.1?

Things we need you to know
nancylee02

any problems with SCAL3 and windows 8.1?

Post by nancylee02 »

Hi
I'm just about to toss in the towel. After trying for 4 months to get SCAL3 to work properly with my Macs I am considering buying a cheep PC. But before I do can anyone tell me about known issues. How well does Scal and windows play together. Do I have to load a special driver, or any extra things to make it work. I have been 100% Apple since 2005, so I've been out of the PC loop for a while. How frustrating is this going to be. Any known bugs? I'm going to be using it with my Gazelle.
Thanks for your help,
Nancy
Mac 10.7, SCAL 3, Boss Kut Gazelle
papasue

Re: any problems with SCAL3 and windows 8.1?

Post by papasue »

This is a review....long and written with a great sense of humor. She has a vs of windows. drivers appear to be one of the cutting issues, she uses MTC.

http://underacherrytree.blogspot.com/20 ... zelle.html

There are some reviews on Amazone too.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

Just remember that your Mac version of SCAL won't work on a PC. There are two different versions of the software.
Todd
nancylee02

Post by nancylee02 »

The kind folks at SCAL are allowing me to 'trade in " my Mac version for a PC version.
Mac 10.7, SCAL 3, Boss Kut Gazelle
Linda

Post by Linda »

I have been using scal3 with windows 8.1 on my laptop since December without any problems.
Linda
Brookville, Pa.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Linda wrote:I have been using scal3 with windows 8.1 on my laptop since December without any problems.

This is good to know. I'm going to have to make the switch soon and I'm dreading it. I love my XP because I'm able to use my SVG viewer with it. Maybe I'll keep it only for my cutting purposes, but I don't know how much longer she's going to hold on! :(
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***