Old version SCAL causing phantom cuts?

Things we need you to know
go2guy

Old version SCAL causing phantom cuts?

Post by go2guy »

I purchased SCAL version 1.016 a few years ago but I have just today installed it for use with my Cricut Expression machine (also bought years ago and just now being put to use).

The SCAL program loaded correctly and I activated it using the code on my CD package. Under Help > About it shows my name and serial number which I assume means activation is complete.

When I try to cut a project, however, a couple of lines are cut across the text from one end to the other.

I understand this occurs with the unactivated trial version, but I assume that's not the case with mine . . . or is it?

I see now that support for this product terminated at the end of 2011. Could that mean my activation is in fact invalid? Could this be causing the cuts across my work? Or perhaps it's some other issue such as cutter blade postion or pressure setting?

Any help will sure be appreciated.
papasue

Re: Old version SCAL causing phantom cuts?

Post by papasue »

You will need to contact support at craftedge. There is a form on craftedge.com under support.

Good luck.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.