Provo Craft finally getting the message....

Things we need you to know
talanhart

Provo Craft finally getting the message....

Post by talanhart »

that we want the freedom to cut our own files.

READ THIS
Todd
scrappindeb

Re: Provo Craft finally getting the message....

Post by scrappindeb »

I hope this happens, its about time they wise up! :shock: :shock:
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

For me...........too little too late.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

If only the folks who already have a Cricrap use the new program they won't make much money. They are coming to the party a little late and a little behind, they should have saved the money they spent on lawsuits and developed the program earlier! I don't think they will convert anyone back to their products!
Jan
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Nope, never going back. There really is no comparison between the Cricuts and the the other cutters. I still won't be buying any Provo Craft products either.

BTW: I haven't seen the news about the program, but PC promised this kind of thing before Cricut Craft Room was released and it never happened.
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

I love my sizzix eclips and Ecal and MTC so wont ever buy another cricut machine or software. I still have my old one packed up in the box and not sure if I want to get ride of it or not. But I know I wont buy a new one.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Add one more to the mix....heard about the info, but I would bet my last dollar there will still be something that ties you to Provo and their costly products. No going back for me.
Sandy in PA
TOASTER

Post by TOASTER »

I don't think I'd spend anymore of my money on their junk that never seems to work the right way. I love SCAL and I'm glad I found it early on because I've saved lots of money and aggravation.
Toaster

cameo, cricut expression, cricut create
SCAL 2 , SCAL 3, Windows 10
regina_rhinestones

Post by regina_rhinestones »

Oh well. I left PC back in 2011 and have not looked back. I really like the design freedom I have with my Pazzles machine. There is nothing in the world that would make me buy another PC machine or PC cartridge. I do still buy their cutting mats though, when I can find the original mats.

PC reminds me of a time before Microsoft computers. There were computer vendors who sold computers but you had to use their software only. They lost out big time when Mr. Gates came to town and allowed us to use various applications/software on his computers. PC is following a path to complete failure.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Well, you know their bottom line is control and money. However, if they in fact go this route, I bet it won't be any time that they are separating all of the images on their carts, and opening a big ol' store to sell them all. It's the only way they can recoup their losses at this point. And, they have some cute images; not my style, but lots of people love them.
Anyway, I'm glad to say that I never purchased a cartridge in the past. Fought off buying a bug for a long time, and finally gave in and got one on sale for $79. Then two days after I bought the cutter I discovered SCAL2, and the lawsuit had just occurred. So bummed!!! But, my brother-in-law had purchased it for his wife a few months previous, and they had never used it. She's just not a computer person, so they gave it to me. I used it for six months, sold the baby bug for $70 on Craig's list, returned the SCAL2 to my b-i-l, and am the happy owner of an Eclips/ECAL.
Compared to some, I got away easy!