scal not recognizing cricut

Things we need you to know
jeanniestevens

scal not recognizing cricut

Post by jeanniestevens »

I have been using my scal for a couple years now with my cricut expression, decided to use it today after not using it for a mth or so and now it tells me my cricut isn't connected to my computer or not recognized, so frustrating when you just about to do a project, any suggestions anyone
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: scal not recognizing cricut

Post by sstehman »

Check your cable and make sure it is in snug. They have also been know to go bad. If you have a similar cable used for another device, try that cable.
Sandy in PA
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

It might also be your USB port on your computer.
Todd
Busgoddess10

Post by Busgoddess10 »

Same goes for mine. Haven't used it for a while and it is now no recognizable. Funny thing is, my cake is fine.
Scal 2 is acting a little unusual also. Runs through this whole deal of asking about the firmware and my mat keeps changing sizes on me.

Waiting, maybe a new cutter is on the horizon for Christmas.
jeanniestevens

Post by jeanniestevens »

I bought a new cutter one that don't require a mat and I HATE it, still the best way to get the cut is with a taped card stock under what i'm trying to cut scal says it will work with this cutter but i'm so unhappy with it I didn't bother to try. I'm gonna try my scal with my cricut again and play around with the cords but I'm not to sure that's what it is. Makes me so mad when you find the money for these things then they don't work :(
jeanniestevens

Post by jeanniestevens »

I no for sure it's not the cord, I just cut from the cricut craftroom and it worked just fine
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Unfortunately there is no longer support for SCAL2 because of Cricut issue....that is why many switched to the other cutters. If you updated your firmware, that would cause the issue too.
Sandy in PA