Changing font type to an existing project - SCAL 3

Things we need you to know
bowen390

Changing font type to an existing project - SCAL 3

Post by bowen390 »

Does anyone know why I can't open a saved file and change the font? When I open the file, the properties box only shows position size and appearance. I must be doing something wrong... ;) Any help will be deeply appreciated :!:
Soraya

Re: Changing font type to an existing project - SCAL 3

Post by Soraya »

Is the file in inkscape? Once you click on object to path, the text no longer is text. You can erase the words and type the new ones. I have no idea in SCAL3 as I have not attempted that before.
SCAL 2 (cricut), SCAL 3 (Black Cat 15"), Windows 10
bowen390

Post by bowen390 »

I am using the SCAL 3 program. I feel like I am doing something wrong... :cry: Anyone else have any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
bowen390

Post by bowen390 »

I need to correct which version of SCAL I am using...It is SCAL Pro not SCAL 3, sorry for the confusion! :oops:
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, in SCAL3 or Pro I think if you select the word and then the menu item TEXT/font you should be able to change the font so long as the layer name is still <text>. If, as Soroya says if it has been "grouped" or unioned the easiest is to just retype it.
Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.00.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 9.00.00 AM.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 5383 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
bowen390

Post by bowen390 »

It seems though if I save the file and close it for the night or whatever the case may be, if I come back open up the program again and open the file, I can't change the font if I want to...does that make sense?
Bowen 390
Owensboro, KY
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I have a feeling that it somehow converted the text to lines, at which time it becomes a vector image, not a font. I had this happy to me last night when I didn't ask it to convert to lines. Hmmmm?
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

are you saving (the files is .scut3) or exporting as svg?

just saving should keep the fonts (only time they will change is if you don't have that same font and then the closest match will be used)
if it is locking the font when you save as filename.scut3 then you might want to redownload and install again and/or drop craftedge a email to see if there is a problem. maybe send them some screengrabs and the file.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
bowen390

Post by bowen390 »

It is locking it when I save it as a filename.scut3...I will send an email, thanks for the help!
Bowen 390
Owensboro, KY