SCAL2 may not work with Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Things we need you to know
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: SCAL2 may not work with Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Post by HeatherM »

Thanks Susan. I'm not a Mac user, but I know that this has been a problem for Mac's several times in the past.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Here is a "way out" idea.

Download SCAL3 for Mac and install it on your Air. (it's free) since you already own SCAL2. Now you should be able to open the svg's. Since SCAL2 isn't working anyway for svgs you can at least use the Air for designing.

Open an svg in SCAL3 and save it, it will save as .scut3. Rename to .scut2 in the directory and see if it will open in SCAL2.

Since you don't even know if you can cut from the Air to the cricut yet this will at least allow you to mess with the svg even if you have to email them cut them from the old computer/cricut.

Do try and cut a SCAL file from the Air before you spend more time getting the svg's into your new computer just to find out it won't cut.

Good Luck
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I went waaaay back into back-up files and found a copy of SCAL2.

I can open it in Mac OS 10.8.4. (Mountain Lion) Import does not work for sure. Place image does, so does trace image.

I was able to open an svg file in eCAL, save as .scut3, rename to .scut2 and open it in SCAL2.044. I didn't remember that SCAL2 did not have stroke color only fill color, unless that feature just doesn't show.

I cannot try to cut since my Cricut has been gone for almost 2 years.

Moral of this story.....get a new cutter as soon as possible.

CraftEdge cannot SUPPORT SCAL2. It is not their fault but Provo Crafts so you may end up back to buying cartridges!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
ninner10

Post by ninner10 »

Great news! The wonderful team at CE have just fixed their Mac version of SCAL2 so that my SVG import is now successful. I'd tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app until last night, when they notified me to download the just updated file and I was thrilled to see that it was finally successful. I now have access to all my svg files.

Thanks to everyone that offered help, it was much appreciated! Next hurdle is trying the cutting feature out...wish me luck! :P