SCAL2 and Cricut Expression

Things we need you to know
gingerlee909

SCAL2 and Cricut Expression

Post by gingerlee909 »

I bought SCAL2 on eBay last month and had no idea there were all these problems. When I rec'd the disc it was obviously a copy. It was advertised as new. The seller assured me it would work. I had a really hard time trying to activate the program so I could run the full version and not in trial mode. It took me over a month and I still don't know what I finally did but finally I got it activated. I rec'd zero support from the seller, surecutsalot.com or craftedge.com. I also purchased a refurbished cricut expression instead of a new expression ll just so I could use SCAL2. I didn't want to invest in all those cartridges. If you are having problems getting your SCAL2 activated you may need to try to activate it more than once with a different activation. Until you are successful you can generate a different activation code more than once. That's what I did until one finally worked.
I haven't used the program yet as there is a lot to learn but I will post again when I do and note any problems or issues I run into.
Happy Crafting. Watch for my new blog in the future The Urban Crafter at Blog Spot. I will post Cricut & SCAL2 issues and tips on the blog once I get it up and running.
papasue

Re: SCAL2 and Cricut Expression

Post by papasue »

I have notified CraftEdge about your purchase of this bogus copy of SCAL. perhaps you can get with them to get your money back, especially if you paid with PayPal

you can also contact them at support@craftedge.com.

this is terrible and hopefully you and CE can keep others from being ripped off.

good luck and do let us know how it all turns out.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Sounds like you did manage to get it activated, however, the lack of support you received was from the seller who sold you a non-transferable copy. CraftEdge clearly states the software is not transferable, so the copy you are using is really not a legal copy. I would not encourage others to do the same thing to get a copy of SCAL2. Not sure what you paid for it, but some that are still trying to sell this software are asking outrageous prices for it, too.
Sandy in PA
gingerlee909

Post by gingerlee909 »

I paid $70 for it and the picture of it on eBay was a copy of the actual program. When I rec'd it I got a disc in a sleeve with a copy of some instructions. It did not look like the real program at all. The disc label said SCAL 2.3 Backup files. I think he is still selling these on eBay.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

If you can't get your money back from PayPal, I would see if your credit card company can help you since it was a fraudulent sale. I would try to return the Cricut too if possible. There are other machines out there that are comparable price-wise to a new Cricut and they do a better job of cutting and also have other features like print and cut.
sprinkles63

Post by sprinkles63 »

I would like to purchase sure cuts alot to use with my cricut expression. Is it still available?
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Sorry, there are no legal copies of SCAL2 available for sale. Any SCAL2 sold now is not a legal copy and SCAL3 will not work with any Cricuts.
gingerlee909

Post by gingerlee909 »

You may still find a legal copy out there that has been unused but it will only work on the expression AND only if you can activate i because I believe even though it may be new it is probably not legal. For more info contact me at gingerlee.u@gmail.com before you buy and get scammed like I did.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I got a response from CE about SCAL software on eBay.

The is the reply from them.
We have been collecting information in regards to these illegal sales of SCAL although from what we have dealt with so far, ebay is either very slow to respond or non responsive
So they know and are trying to stop it with eBay.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dbcmc

Post by dbcmc »

I had wanted a copy of SCAL2 for more than a year. Although I purchased my first cricut in 2009 when it was still available, I didn't start visiting there mb until a year or so ago and heard about SCAL on the mb. This week, I finally purchased a copy on eBay as well and then got a notification that the seller is a fraud..... I had emailed the seller several times trying to be a wise consumer and then after I purchased found out that it wasn't real. I am quite annoyed and concerned that the program won't even work. It was really upsetting that PC and CE couldn't have had a collaboration of some sort to make this work. It doesn't mean I wouldn't purchase some cartridges, but the font and other possibilities that SCAL offers are amazing.

Would you mind sharing what seller you purchased from and if you were able to get it resolved with them.

Thanks!