Scal in windows 8

Things we need you to know
3pugmom

Scal in windows 8

Post by 3pugmom »

I am so frustrated, I recently bought a new laptop and installed sure cuts a lot 2 (I had it on my old laptop). My old laptop had windows Xp on it, the new or vvv windows 8 (which I do not like). I had the hardest time installing it, I keep getting an errr message that says the activation code is not correct. Now it only lets me cut in the trial mode. Can anyone please help?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Scal in windows 8

Post by sstehman »

It could be you used the activation code on more than the allowed installs. Go to this link and request a new activation code. Have your serial number ready.

http://www.craftedge.com/activation/scal/activate.php
Sandy in PA
3pugmom

Post by 3pugmom »

Thank you Sandy, that worked. Now the problem is every time I open the program I have to re-enter my name and serial number and while working on a project it just freezes..... I have to close it down and restart..... re-entering ifo over and over. This is getting so frustrating. I have changed the compatibility mode several times...
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Do you have he most current updates. I don't have my PC that has my SCAL2 on it with me, but I think it might be 2.34.

Also try contacting support to see if they can assist you. Here is the link:

http://craftedge.com/support/support_form.html
Sandy in PA
wvcathy

Post by wvcathy »

I loaded SCAL 2 on my new computer with Windows 8 - everything works fine on it EXCEPT if I hold down a key like if I have a group and want to relocate it on the mat if I hold down very long it locks up and I have to shut down - I do a SAVE AS real often - otherwise it work fine

Good luck
Cathy

Aug 2013 - NOW all of a sudden SCAL 2 does not want to work with Windows 8 - it looks like computer not talking to the "C" - same machine and everything I was using