Making SVG file from picture

Things we need you to know
Bobbiep

Making SVG file from picture

Post by Bobbiep »

I posted one image but have another of what I am trying to do. Can someone PLEASE help me and guide me to best place to start learning.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Making SVG file from picture

Post by sstehman »

I deleted the image you posted as it is a copyrighted image, so we may not really post copyrighted items here. However, I see you have another post on this topic and a member has directed you to the tutorial section to give you a start.

It would help if you would edit your profile section or post what operating system (windows XP, 7, etc or Mac) and what software you are using (SCAL or eCAL). That helps members answer your questions.

For the house image that you had posted. To just start out that is a hard one to work with. I would suggest you start with something simple without a lot of different colors and that would result in few pieces and that will be less frustrating for you.

You can use "Inkscape" which is free software to download, but there is a learning curve. There are tutorials in the forum and many, many on YouTube where you can start to learn.

There is also a Trace Image feature in both SCAL and eCAL that works quite well too that you can start to learn with.

Hope this helps you somewhat.
Sandy in PA