In search of some help

Things we need you to know
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: In search of some help

Post by sstehman »

Very clever.....I haven't really used print and cut much and I think that is what she is after, so thank you for jumping in.
Sandy in PA
granny1

Post by granny1 »

Thank you both for the information. I downloaded the file, but wasn't able to get it to open in Scal2 I will try again later. I have an ink jet. I will give that I try as well. Thanks again for all the help
Teresa
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I might suggest you print your pictures and buy a hold punch the size you want them. It is difficult to get a perfect pnc with scal2...especially if this is a project you need soon. It takes time to learn the process. You can search the forum for info on print and cut pnc printncut print to cut and see what you find for help...but most have moved on from scal2 and that cutter, so less and less is discussed here about it. All the new machines have sensors for perfect cuts around printed objects.

But if you still want to try, you can go to File and Place and place your .jpg in SCAL and then go to File and TRACE to trace the outline...then go to Edit Preference and decrease the alpha fill to about 20 so you can see through the color to lay those circles over the pictures. You then go to the layers panel and with the eye turn off the outlines and go to File and Print and print the pictures from SCAL...then with the Layers eye turn off the .jpg and turn on the outlines...now with care to remember just how you place a piece of plain paper on your mat...cut the circles on a blank paper...now...lift that but don't completely remove and slide the printed page underneath to try to get it where the first one cut. This is called the hinge technique...you can tape the blank test paper on the one edge and lift like a hinge...now put the printed one down and line it up and press down and remove the first and cut the printed ones. The only other way is to learn to calibrate your cutter for scal and I can not explain it and there is not much around about it for tutorials anymore. The hinge technique works quite well.

Good luck with it all.
Last edited by gj1 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
granny1

Post by granny1 »

Thank you for your help and information. Getting a hole punch is exactly what I did today when I went to my nearest Hobby Lobby(25miles). I am still very thankful for all the information I received from you all here at the forum. I have alot to learn and this seems like the place to learn. I will be trying out all these suggestions, but with the punch I can go on with other things that I need to get done.

Thanks again
Teresa
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thanks for your reply and good luck with the wedding projects.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.