SCAL v2, Cricut and Gypsy

Things we need you to know
claudiag47

SCAL v2, Cricut and Gypsy

Post by claudiag47 »

I've been looking all over for this info but haven't found it. I am finally learning to use the Gypsy I bought almost a year ago, and just tried to link one of the new carts to it. It says I have to update the gypsy in order for it to recognize the new carts. Tried to do just the content but that didn't work. I'm scared to death to do the update for fear it will then want to update the firmware on my cricut and then SCaL v2 won't work. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
gj1

Re: SCAL v2, Cricut and Gypsy

Post by gj1 »

Do a seach here for firmware and scal. Most have moved on to other machines, and I never had the handheld, so I don't know.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Agree with Gj1...there are several posts on this. Just put Gypsy in the search bar. Some have updated and have not had problems, but I would not want to be the one to advise you.
Sandy in PA
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Here's a video and information that Leo at svgcuts.com posted. Read and view the entire post, as if you just read the first part of the letter from Provo Craft you may think it won't work, but it will! Good luck. http://svgcuts.com/blog/2011/11/22/cric ... -and-scal/
claudiag47

Post by claudiag47 »

Thanks everyone for your advice. I finally bit the bullet and decided to just go ahead and do the updates. After several hours, my Gypsy is updated and was completely happy with the version of firmware that was on my Cricut (version 2.34). That version still works with my Scale software. I am happy! :D
daisygrace

Post by daisygrace »

Yes watching Leo instructional video at svgcuts helped 100%, it can be done without deactivating SCAL, I had the same fear. Whew! Glad all went well.