Seriously? 458.00 for the scal2?

Things we need you to know
Remingtonoaklee

Seriously? 458.00 for the scal2?

Post by Remingtonoaklee »

I'm frustrated and this is getting crazy! I'm ready to sell my Cricut and look for another machine that does the same thing. Any suggestions? I was scammed out of 250.00 by a hacker as well saying they had the exact program. HELP!!!!!!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Seriously? 458.00 for the scal2?

Post by sstehman »

I'm so sorry to hear you were scammed. Not sure there is anything that anyone here can do. I assume you were buying SCAL and if you were paying $250.00 that is way too much. Some have been still listing it on eBay and the prices are quite high. Not sure where or how you were conducting the purchase, but if it was through a source that offers any protection to it's buyers you might go back to them to correct the problem.
Sandy in PA
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

Remingtonoaklee wrote:I'm frustrated and this is getting crazy! I'm ready to sell my Cricut and look for another machine that does the same thing. Any suggestions? I was scammed out of 250.00 by a hacker as well saying they had the exact program. HELP!!!!!!
I sold my Cricut and bought a Silhouette. It works great with SCAL3 to cut svgs. Silhouette also has a new software program that you can buy that will let you cut svgs too. I prefer SCAL, but the Silhouete software has a great knife cutting feature to alter projects that is really nice.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. Did you pay by credit card? Can you track this individual in any way? I mean I know you said it was a scam, but if you charged it, you might have some protection. I do believe that what goes around comes around. I know that doesn't help you now. I only wish that person and others like him/her would get caught. :x
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Remingtonoaklee

Post by Remingtonoaklee »

Thank you, I am getting my money back, so they say, I hope so. It amazes me how people can do things and in their minds think it's legit. Something either works, is new, or it ISN'T! Just a word of warning for others who are in this same boat. I'm not going to give up and will find another machine and program that works as well, I have alot of support, family and friends who know once I get it there's not limits! You are all a very helpful, supportive and creative bunch of folks, Thanks again! See you soon!
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

If they did this on ebay you can definitely and should definitely get your money back.. Apparently ebay has some type of insurance money to protect the buys from frauders and reimburse and then they block out the person doing the selling... I sure hope the person sticks to their word.. If not and you did buy it on ebay then report them and ebay will deal with them.. Even when SCAL first came out the program was not 250 dollars..