HELP!

Things we need you to know
dfesau

HELP!

Post by dfesau »

I need help! I have been "out of pocket" for quite some time and have not followed the "forum" or any of the Craft Edge news! I have had some health issues that are being resolved and now I want to get back to my "scrapbooking and making wall words, etc..." However, I realize that I have some big problems. I had an old laptop that I let my daughter in Oregon have which had "Sure Cuts A Lot" on and which she does not use. However; I have a new laptop and I would wish to have my old "2.034 version of Sure Cuts A Lot" and I do not know how to get it. It is installed on my desktop but, I am not computer smart enough to know what to do to have it on my laptop. I realize what you are saying that it will not longer be compatable with my "Cricut Expression". But, can I still use the version that is on my desktop with my Cricut Expression? And how can I get it on my laptop? I do not have money at this time to purchase a new cutter. I would want to sometime, but I do not know when this will be possible. Also will any of the SVG's on the "Craft edge forum" be possible for me to use? I know there was a "Todd" who helped me in the past and also a "Leo". I would so much want help that I could still use my Cricut Expression with Sure Cuts A Lot with my new "Gateway Windows 7 laptop". I feel like I am "sunk" if this is not a possibility. I am sorry that I have not been "current" with all the information, but it just has not been possible for me. I thank anyone who can help me. My email is "dfesau@gmail.com" and I would not mind if you needed to call me at 641 985 2568. I thank you kindly. Donna
dfesau

Re: HELP!

Post by dfesau »

I guess there's nothing like "adding on to my post"....! Now you know I really am a "gramma"!!! This is my problem : I do have a "Sure Cuts A Lot" CD. When I purchased it I did not use the "download" on CraftEdge. I bought the program. Then I updated whenever possible. However; I had only updated to "2.034". As I said earlier I let my daughter in Oregon have my old laptop when my husband bought me a new one for my birthday. It is a "Gateway' with Windows 7. I actually do not know a lot about computers but, this is what he told me it is! My daughter is not using "Sure Cuts A Lot" and does plan to take it off of that computer. I had re-installed "Sure Cuts A Lot' on my new laptop and it came up as version "2.05". I do not really understand where this is in relationship with the version that is on my old computer. But, the big problem is that my Cricut Expression would not cut. It kept saying that a "USB serial" or something was missing. It did not make any sense to mel What would be the advise from those of you that know so much more than I do about all of this? With the recent health issues that I have experienced, I am unable at this time to buy a new cutter. I so very badly want to keep using my Cricut Expression with "Sure Cuts A Lot" for the present time. I will buy a new cutter when I can but, it is not a possibility at this time. I thank anyone for taking the time to help me out. Donna at dfesau@gmail.com
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

My best advice is to contact CE support and see if they can help you. It sounds like you need to install a driver but that is no longer available. Thanks to PC you may have to purchase a new machine in order to use your Cricut.
JAN
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Go to this link posted by Gj1

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26256

Seems like a couple of things might be going on. If your Cricut worked before, you apparently have the correct firmware for the Cricut.

If you have the original CD, you would still need to activate it through CE and you possibly might need some updates that may have occurred along the way. CE should still be able to provide these.

Here is a second link (also posted by Gj1) -- she has good timing about installing the USB driver if needed.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26260

Start with the first link above and seek support services from CE.
Sandy in PA
dfesau

Post by dfesau »

Thanks for the replies that have been sent to me regarding my problem with getting "Sure Cuts A Lot" on my new laptop. I have had a few interruptions and have not been able to be successful in this venture as of now. I am very anxious to see if this will work. I only want to be able to do simple things! I enjoy making cards and doing wall words and such the like. I have a CD from Vinyl Designer with wall words that I very much enjoy working with. However; I cannot function without "Sure Cuts A Lot"! In time , as finances would allow I would enjoy owning a new cutter of some reputable kind but, for now I must be happy with my "Cricut Expression"! thanks for helping me!