Yesterday's hack of the website

Things we need you to know
janekinso

Yesterday's hack of the website

Post by janekinso »

I can't believe that nobody has commented on the hack of the website yesterday. I'm told that the hack was HUGE -- over 700,000 websites --- yet not one word in the news anywhere about it. Did any of you get the black and red screen?
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
renees

Re: Yesterday's hack of the website

Post by renees »

I got the screen here and on SVGcuts.com. :))
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I guess it has happened before and it is not too difficult for websites to fix with their server, and it does not do anything to individuals pc.
Just someone out there showing what is possible....maybe a good reminder.

We did talk about it here and Leo from svgcuts posted here. FB sites spoke of it...but the fact it was not in the news is kind of strange.
papasue

Post by papasue »

There is this post from yesterday where several people noted it, including Leo from svgcuts. Yes, it would seem that CE would also comment.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25786&p=98535&hilit=hack#p98535

I think that we have to assume that no member data was hacked.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
bookworm

Post by bookworm »

I must have been on at the wrong time. I didn't have any trouble.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

I contacted Leo at SVGcuts.com about this issue because I went to their forum after getting the hacked message on this forum and I learned that our own files are safe. However, my own Inkscape files no longer exist. Has anyone else experienced this???
jane

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I checked in about 8:30 a.m. EST and got the hacker screen. I checked some of my files and they seem to be here. I don't think they did any real damage, they just take control of the screen you see when you go to a site they have attacked. That's my understanding anyway.
Sandy in PA
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Post by Sweetness4713 »

I didn't get it as I wasn't in town..
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I just checked mine and they all seem to be here and the hacked sign opened on my screen more times than I would have liked...I kept checking to see if it was gone...lol...then I would say, oh shoot...I made it pop up again...lol

I am sorry something has happened to your files. I do know that some of my saved ink files will only open in INK not in Scal.
This is normal though, according to how I saved them...which I don't completely understand, but it is normal as far as I know.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Thanks, gj. I didn't know that some of the saved files will only open in Ink --- now I do. :oops: Imagine! The problem was my fault --- how can that be??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, I'm glad I still have the files, and the help from this forum.
jane