Butterfly Silhouettes

Klee

Re: Butterfly Silhouettes

Post by Klee »

Awesome! Thanks!
rdjickling
Location: Michigan, MAC OS X V10.6.4; Personal Cricut V1.1 and Cricut Expression V2.34; SCAL2 V2.029

Post by rdjickling »

I have tried to download several different .svg files for butterflies, including the Butterfly Silhouettes. I have inkscape, corel painter essentials, SCAL 2, and I run a MAC OS X computer. The files download to my download folder as a .svg.xml file. Then when I try to open it, it automatically goes to Corel Painter and then gives me a message that the file cannot be opened. I try to import them into Inkscape and I see them in my download file but cannot click on them. Any suggestions?
Have yourself an incredible day!
KaityBlue

Post by KaityBlue »

wow! that's a lot of butterlies! thanks!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

rdjickling wrote:I have tried to download several different .svg files for butterflies, including the Butterfly Silhouettes. I have inkscape, corel painter essentials, SCAL 2, and I run a MAC OS X computer. The files download to my download folder as a .svg.xml file. Then when I try to open it, it automatically goes to Corel Painter and then gives me a message that the file cannot be opened. I try to import them into Inkscape and I see them in my download file but cannot click on them. Any suggestions?
Some of the web browsers add an xml extension onto svg files. Either catch and correct it as you download them, or you can rename them back to the svg extension after you save them. HTH
rdjickling
Location: Michigan, MAC OS X V10.6.4; Personal Cricut V1.1 and Cricut Expression V2.34; SCAL2 V2.029

Post by rdjickling »

I'll give that a try...
Thanks a bunch!
;)
Have yourself an incredible day!
papasue

Post by papasue »

All I do is view the file in my download folder, click on the filename and delete the.XML. Mac OS asks you if you want to use .svg, agree. You an then drag the file to any folder you chose.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.