Help making rolled rose (scallop) svg image

hackneyk

Help making rolled rose (scallop) svg image

Post by hackneyk »

Hi! I am a complete newbie to SCAL. I am trying to create a cut file to use with my Cricut Expression 1. I want to cut this exact file to make the rolled roses, but when I use the trace mode and bring the image into SCAL2 it actually outlines the entire cut line so it is more of like a really really narrow enclosed loop, so it cuts the lines twice really close together. I dont want that unnecessary cutting, and just want it to cut as a single consecutive line. So I went into the mode where you can try and delete nodes manually to see if I could delete the nodes that made up the second "line", leaving me with one consecutive line. After I get about halfway through, it seems like I bog the program or something (most likely user error, lol!), and it wont let me select the little square node boxes anymore to continue deleting them. Wondering, is there some easy button to select to make this image just be one cut line? If no easy fix, anyone interested in trying to make the cut file for me so I can get it as one consecutive cut line. Pulling my hair out, haha I'd even pay someone for their time (within reason). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Amazon link to the die cut I am trying to replicate:

:) Kate
Attachments
Rolled Rose.jpg
Rolled Rose.jpg (12.12 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
jrichards

Re: Help making rolled rose (scallop) svg image

Post by jrichards »

Someone posted that exact flower on the forum. Don't have time to search for it but if you go to the top of the page and put it in you may find it already done.
Jan
papasue

Re: Help making rolled rose (scallop) svg image

Post by papasue »

I've cut the second version of the rolled rose using the files shared here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16616&p=73099&hilit ... ose#p73099
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.