'Night Before Christmas' Boardbook

southernbellescrap

'Night Before Christmas' Boardbook

Post by southernbellescrap »

****NOTE : HEY YALL! WELL I TOLD YOU I WAS STILL FIGURING SOME OF THIS OUT. I AM CUTTING THIS NOW AND CAME UPON A PROBLEM. I NEED TO RE-DO A FEW OF THE FILES FOR THIS. SOME OF THEM DID NOT WELD TOGETHER PROPERLY. SO I AM GOING TO DELETE ALL OF THE FILES ON THE BOARD THAT I HAVE POSTED. I WILL REPOST ALL OF THESE IN A ZIPPED FILE IN JUST A BIT. I DO APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!!!!! THANKS!!!!*****
Hey yall! Well, this is all new territory for me. So please bare with me while I figure all of these things out. :)

I noticed on here a few weeks ago a lady was asking for the files for the cutest little boardbook I have ever seen. Here is the link to the book she was wanting....
http://bugjunkie.blogspot.com/2009/08/n ... -book.html

The book in the link above was created using Cricut cartridges and if you are like me, you do not have all of those cartridges. So I thought I would give it a shot at creating a book for us SCAL users. Now, I tried my best and have been working for weeks, but this is not the exact same. But I think it turned out pretty darn cute, even if I did make it! LOL. I worked so hard on this and learned a lot about Inkscape along the way. I'm sure some other people might could do this in under 15 min, but me being a newbie...it took me that long. I hope someone out there will like it! ;)

There are 7 pages to this book. I tried to keep most of it the same, just using different images. For the third page though (looking through the window), I could not find steps or a child walking down the steps, so I chose to use a little girl who is praying. I think you could add a lot of other cuts to this to make it even better....like presents coming out of the sleigh, ornaments on the tree, toys under the tree, something on the fireplace mantle, etc.

Ok, here is a screenshot of the whole book (bare with me for a few moments...I'll be posting the rest in the post(s) below.
Attachments
Christmas Board Book Screen Shot.jpg
Christmas Board Book Screen Shot.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 8448 times
Last edited by southernbellescrap on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
southernbellescrap

Re: 'Night Before Christmas' Boardbook

EDIT
Last edited by southernbellescrap on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southernbellescrap

UPDATE: Okay, I have the files fixed. I cut each page on my own and they all cut great. There are a few pages (one's with reindeer on top and girl praying) that I could not get to weld properly together in Inkscape.....BUT when you open them up in SCAL, before you cut, if you will select the 'WELD' function, they will be perfect. Again, I apologize for having to re do this, but it's just a rookie's mistake. From now on, I will cut out all files before posting them to make sure they work properly. Ok, now off to decorate this baby. I'll post it as soon as I finish. :)
Attachments
Night Before Christmas Board Book.zip
(139.21 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
Last edited by southernbellescrap on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
southernbellescrap

EDIT
Last edited by southernbellescrap on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southernbellescrap

EDIT
Last edited by southernbellescrap on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sensationallychic

Post by sensationallychic »

Stunning!...great job! :D
talanhart

Post by talanhart »

WOW!!!!!!
That is so cool.
Todd
scrappinvt

Post by scrappinvt »

Thanks so much for doing this!!
Silvertip
Location: Southern California, SCAL 1/2 Inkscape, Illustrator

Post by Silvertip »

That is so nice, you did a great job, I like the little girl praying, It reminds me of a figurine I saw one Santa looking over the baby Jesus in the manger.
KimKreates

Post by KimKreates »

I think your turned out better than the cartridge one. Much more elegant. Thanks for sharing.