happy2scrap56

MTC NEW SOFTWARE

Post by happy2scrap56 »

Has anyone checked this out?
http://www.make-the-cut.com/
talanhart

Re: MTC NEW SOFTWARE

Post by talanhart »

Yes, I checked out the website yesterday. I probably won't even bother to download the trial version. I already have enough invested in software for my Cricut. I don't need another program.
Todd
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

After Christmas I'm going to try the demo with Windows7 and my baby bug to see if there is a problem with my baby bug, since we can't figure out why I can use any other computer/cricut combination that we have except for the Windows7/baby bug combo.
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

I watched the videos on the new software, but since I already have SCAL2 and know how to use Inkscape, I really don't see where it's any different other than they combined the two programs into one.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

I received a review copy of this and have been playing around with it. A few early observations...if you do most of your design in Ink or AI and basically use SCAL as a driver like many of us do then there's not any reason to switch, with the possible exception of a large cutting zone (11.9 x 11.9 for 12 x 12 mat, am still testing on 12 x 24 mat).
If you don't have SCAL yet, then this is going to be very tempting. The interface isn't perfect, but is more polished than SCAL. The ability to break apart and instantly layer traces and dings is a real plus for those who don't use Inkscape.
See my detailed comparison chart here
http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2009 ... omparison/
happy2scrap56

Post by happy2scrap56 »

I have invested plenty, scal 1 then scal2 and a gypsy,never could figure INKSCAPE and scal 2 never learned how to do anything with it, I keep trying and get nowhere. The gypsy I don't like at all wish I never bought it, too many bad issues with it. I need a simple program and I plan to buy this new program soon. was just wondering if anyone had any input on the program...+
Deloris

Post by Deloris »

happy2scrap56 wrote:I have invested plenty, scal 1 then scal2 and a gypsy,never could figure INKSCAPE and scal 2 never learned how to do anything with it, I keep trying and get nowhere. The gypsy I don't like at all wish I never bought it, too many bad issues with it. I need a simple program and I plan to buy this new program soon. was just wondering if anyone had any input on the program...+
What are you trying to do with SCAL 2 that you can't get to work? I am fairly new to SCAL, Inkscape and the Cricut machine, but have gotten up and running fairly quickly and I'm using SCAL a lot my papercrafting projects.

Is there something you need help with to get your SCAL program working? Seems a shame for you to have spent so much money already and not use it. It's confusing to use SCAL when you first start out, but it gets a lot easier the more you try the different features.

Let me know if I can help you with it....
happy2scrap56

Post by happy2scrap56 »

I have never created anything with scal or inkscape, I even follwed SCRAPPINGTABLE.com instructions, tried to do photos I got online but I guess I am just not smart enough.
Jan
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

HeatherM wrote:After Christmas I'm going to try the demo with Windows7 and my baby bug to see if there is a problem with my baby bug, since we can't figure out why I can use any other computer/cricut combination that we have except for the Windows7/baby bug combo.
I should have added that I don't plan on buying it. From what I have read, I don't really think it can do anything more than I can do already with SCAL/Inkscape. If it turns out my baby bug is bad, I would be better off buying a new Cricut next Black Friday. ;)
boysboysboys

Post by boysboysboys »

I looked at the trial & it does look tempting...Looks very user friendly. But I have already invested $100+ in SCAL/SCAL2 and though I have never really sat down and tried to master inkscape, SCAL2 seems to do whatever I need to do....Pluse the customer service with SCAL has been amazing....
the tracing/layering options on this new software seem really easy. Maybe Todd can continue to compete with the competion and will release an update. will be interesting to see how this new software affects SCAL....