purse box

louietw

purse box

Post by louietw »

Hi, I'm kind of new to the inkscape thing, but I'm trying to make this little purse and have attempted it in inkscape. Not sure if I'm on the right track or not, can someone help me with this template? I don't care about the hearts, I just want the basic purse template so I can cut it on cricut. The dimensions are 2.5" x 1.5" x 4"
Attachments
Stylish.jpg
Stylish.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 7588 times
purse template.svg
(28.41 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
purse.jpg
purse.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 7592 times
ptpulley

Re: purse box

Post by ptpulley »

Hi Louie,
I think you had a great start there. I don't usually work in Inkscape-- it's too hard for me to figure out, and I really can do most anything I want right in SCAL. Because of that, I can't really offer you any help with regard to Inkscape.

Anyway, I did the box for you, using your measurements. Unfortunately, I screwed it up though. I took the measurements to be the sizes without the handles, and I can see from my photo vs your photo that your measurements must have been including the handles. I hope you can use this anyway. It was a fun challenge. I love boxes.
Attachments
Purse box.jpg
Purse box.jpg (122.6 KiB) Viewed 7568 times
Last edited by ptpulley on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Wow, you both did a great job on this purse. :) I'm attaching my attempt at shortening it to 4". It looks okay, but I just quickly scored and put it together. Hope it cuts well for you. Sorry, I didn't put in any score lines.
Attachments
purseboxat4inches.svg
(9.08 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
ptpulley

Post by ptpulley »

Thank you for modifying!! :D I was just coming to repost too.

I don't usually put score lines on either. I prefer to score myself. Maybe some machines do the scoring better, but the dotted score lines on the Cricut just make it bend weird.
I use a BabyBug, SCAL2.
Please use my files for personal use only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

OUTSTANDING to all of you! I looked and did not know where to begin, so I am glad you all took over. Good going!...and thanks!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
louietw

Post by louietw »

thanks for the help! I wasn't sure I was on the right track or not. Haven't done much with the making things from scratch in inkscape. I have another pattern that is on the drawing board, but might need some help with it. Thanks again!
CMA

Post by CMA »

Thanks to all for sharing.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

@ louietw - I'm attaching the purse box file that has a closed path around the handle. See if it cuts better for you. Sorry about the other file. It cut fine for me. Sorry about that. :oops:
Attachments
pursebox_closed_path_on_handle_rs.svg
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
louietw

Post by louietw »

Thanks, I will try it again tonight to see if it works. I will let you know.
louietw

Post by louietw »

It worked beautifully. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!