treat box card

sweetpeahome

treat box card

Post by sweetpeahome »

treat box card.svg
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Please someone tell me if I am doing something wrong here. I found this template and tutorial, It is NOT mine. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resou ... eatboxcard
I made it all by hand to cut in scal2. It can only fit on a 12 x 24 mat, but maybe you could just make it a bit smaller to fit 12 x 12

The smaller rectangle at the bottom is to be cut out of decorative paper and glued to the cut out box.
Mac, Expression
stuartcalls

Re: treat box card

Post by stuartcalls »

Love this! Thanks!
hellie0h

Post by hellie0h »

Hi, I drew a template from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resou ... atboxcard/
I extended the bottom and top flap a bit, when cut with cricut the flaps did not cover ends of box. What I did sweetpea, was to trace the original template in Corel PSP, made my own shape for front strip cut out....when tracing the original image the size of the box card is 6.950 x 9.578 in SCAL2. This size includes the separate front piece. When you ungroup to cut the main piece from the small strip for the front, the size is 5.733 x 9.578. This file can be cut from 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. I did a test cut. I took out the score lines as I don't like the perforations, and it takes longer for cricut to cut when doing perforations.

In your file, if you ungroup, bring the front strip piece up under main piece, then select all and group...then resize, keeping proportions checked you will be able to cut on 8.50x11 cardstock, however...when I looked at how cricut would cut your file, all the score lines are solid and will cut. My opinion...(and keep in mind I am a newbie at this too) I would break apart and delete those score lines.

I am attaching the scut and svg files I did from Melanie Schulenberg's card box. Also attaching original template so one can see where the score lines are. The SVG File does not need trace bitmap, I exported from scut file to svg file. You can save to svg folder then export from there to scal.
Attachments
treatboxcard.svg
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
treatboxcard.scut2
(49.62 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
MStreatboxcard.jpg
MStreatboxcard.jpg (75.76 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
sweetpeahome

Post by sweetpeahome »

That is weird that the score lines are solid, I was having trouble with them changing from score to solid too. I guess I will just delete them, I didn't really like them cutting either.
Mac, Expression