Cat/ Kitten SVG's for vinyl cutting (mostly)

Louise-Paisley

Re: Cat/ Kitten SVG's for vinyl cutting (mostly)

Post by Louise-Paisley »

I have cut it 12 x 9.. well about 11 high actually and it cut fine at that.

However I did try weeding first and lost a couple of the details on the whisker pads - they are VERY small. If I were do do it again at that size I would definitely go with weeding after application although to be fair I did not loose enough of the bits to really spoil it.
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Soon, I am going to try it at 7x10 inches....we will see how it works that small.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

It came out to 10.25 x 7.50 approx. with just keep proportions and changed the one number to a 10.
Took me two tries. The first...I just lost it...it started to get stuck to itself on the transfer and then it became a mess.
I was trying to transfer the whole thing, and it was too stuck to the transfer paper,... I was using just clear contact paper.
I tried weeding from the back of the transfer and that did not work as it was all backwards.

I printed a picture so I could see what to weed and what not to weed. Recut and weeded all, then used the same contact paper but this time did the unsticky thing (like with an over sticky mat), and pressed it all over my tshirt for awhile. I got the vinyl on it and off the mat and on the tile...then it was tough to get the transfer off the vinyl and the tile...but slow but sure it worked.

I fattened the two whiskers on the left...was worried about that spot, but probably should not have as the vinyl is so capable of cutting fine...I did not think it would go that fine...but it may have.

I believe my sil will just love this...thanks again.

photo removed.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

You did better than me.. I lost a couple of dots on the whisker pad and the string of dots from the corner of his mouth..

I see you ended up with a couple of bits coming away and placed manually as they are slightly out of place LOL

I have low tack clear transfer tape and low tack transfer paper from my vinyl supplier, they are much better. The forst lot I got was normal tac and it was a swine to not lift the vinyl again - especially on a wall. It is still a case of folding it back over on its self and peeling it back like skinning a rabbit (for lack of a more suitable analogy) but much easier than the normal tac TT

It looks really nice, you got it cut and applied better than I was anticipating truth be told :)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I moved a few pieces to give more space before I cut...I don't know why, but I was so nervous to do this...wanted to give myself the best chance of success with fatter spaces...but none of it was really necessary. I thought by making it smaller it would be a problem. The best change was the pressure and blade depth for the kiss cut. The first time it went through the backing some and that was causing me troubles...so by lowering both for the kiss cut...that made it so much easier. I will get to enjoy it now for a number of weeks before I mail it. I am not going to send a stand or frame...just as is and she can lean it up by their fireplace or something. I'm thrilled about it...thanks!
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

gj1 wrote:I moved a few pieces to give more space before I cut...I don't know why, but I was so nervous to do this...wanted to give myself the best chance of success with fatter spaces...but none of it was really necessary. I thought by making it smaller it would be a problem. The best change was the pressure and blade depth for the kiss cut. The first time it went through the backing some and that was causing me troubles...so by lowering both for the kiss cut...that made it so much easier. I will get to enjoy it now for a number of weeks before I mail it. I am not going to send a stand or frame...just as is and she can lean it up by their fireplace or something. I'm thrilled about it...thanks!
yes the force has to be just right, if you even scratch the backing paper you can end up with a really thin skin of the shiny surface staying on the vinyl, makes it a nightmare to do. I cut a 4 foot square wall art like that and it took me 2 hours getting the 'skin' off all the bits, I learned from the mistake though LOL
gj1

Post by gj1 »

That is true...how we learn. I think maybe I will work on a similar card, but instead go with using a full sheet of cardstock(instead of my usual A2), folded, so the front will provide 8.5 tall by 5.5...that will be easier.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

LOLOL

A2 for us Europe types is 23.4 x 16.5 inches.. I thought that would be some size of card LOL
gj1

Post by gj1 »

hahha...really?...I did not know that :)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I got to the card sooner than I thought...I am quite pleased...it is an amazing file...and this is quite small considering...at 5.5x8.5, with the cat even smaller.

photo removed.