Natural Circle Monogram

Requests for finding a Font or Shape to use in Sure Cuts A Lot
rncmom

Re: Natural Circle Monogram

Post by rncmom »

How did you get the third letter? When I type it like the font instructions say, it just comes up a 5...not an e.
I had also thought about just cutting the inside of the R too. I'll try it this evening & see how it works. Thanks SOOO much!!!
R
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

It should come with an E. Make sure you are still in the block for the font. I noticed that it took a while but it came up an E

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
papasue

Post by papasue »

I used ScrappyDew's tutorial on Bulge and got a perfect monogram. I was able to import and resize it with no distortion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHv34FkLGo

Ink .47, SCAL2
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Have you figured out a way to keep uniform line widths? I have played with this for months in Word, Ink and AI and I get an OK monogram, but it isn't like these shaped monogram fonts where only the outside edge is modified.
wordmonogram.jpg
wordmonogram.jpg (24.77 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Not sure I understand the question. Here is a page of what I did with the same imput. I used HOBO font. This is the ScrappyDew BULGE etc I listed above. Using all the top/bottom/left/right directions you could use to pull until I got what I wanted.

the monogram ended up etched on a Coffee mug this morning.
Picture 9.png
Picture 9.png (41.11 KiB) Viewed 8767 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

You are getting the same thing I am. It's like printing on silly putty and pulling, which distorts the interior of the letters along with modifying the outer outline. As the center letter gets bigger it also gets heavier, in typesetting terms, and so no longer matches the other letters as it would in a formal monogram.
if you look at the oval monograms on the first or second page of this thread it is more like changing letters made of rope. The rope keeps its same thickness throughout, but the rope is moved to change just the outer shape of the letters into an oval. Does that make sense?
rncmom

Post by rncmom »

Thanks so much for all the replies to my post. I upgraded to SCAL2 for Mac tonight & now I can use the Circle Monogram font without any problem! Wish I had tried that earlier! :lol:
Merry Christmas!!
R